Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

This could get interesting...

Old 04-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Default This could get interesting...

Alright, here's the deal...

I have a 1995 Honda Civic Ex with about 178,000 miles on it.
Problems include but not limited to...
-Heat Shield rattling
-Driver's side mirror taped on
-Driver's side tail light broken with tape over it
-Water pump leak
-No radio
-Broken Dash
-Beginning of an exhaust leak

I just bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Es with about 66k miles on it for $7k (from my sister, so I know the history of it)
It has...
-Stock engine
-Brand new tires
-Evo body kit
-Exhaust system
-Alloy rims
-Minor scratches that you can barely see
-No problems thus far

Now all of my friends are big time into Hondas and believe that my smarter decision would have been to keep my Honda and fix it up because they believe that Mitsubishis are "maitenance ******". To me it seems as though I have seen more of my friend's Hondashave problemsthan I've seen the Mitsus have problems.

Here's my question,
Do you think my decision was wise to buy the Mitsubishi in addition to my Honda that needs a crap load of fixing up?

Old 04-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Default RE: This could get interesting...

Good plan. I hate Honduhs. Excellent choice, man.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 PM

Thank you. That is exactly what I thought. My good friend, who is a mechanic, stated that the Honda lovers say that because they don't know much about Mitsus at all.

Oh and BTW...I'm not a man But it's cool.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:55 PM

Ohhhh oops...lol, sorry about that...
I wouldnt worry too much about it, because of my avatar everyone thinks Im a girl, LMFAO.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:43 AM

I just bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Es with about 66k miles on it for $7k (from my sister, so I know the history of it)
It has...
-Stock engine
-Brand new tires
-Evo body kit
-Exhaust system
-Alloy rims
-Minor scratches that you can barely see
-No problems thus far

It's the right decision you made. I totally agree that most of the people who say the worst things about Mitsubishi does not and did not own one before. I have a 92 Lancer so I can vouch personally for Mitsubishi reliability.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Banned

Man there has been a huge influx of female members. I love it. We need more.... well.. the cute ones anyway lol

Old 04-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Honda's suck... Mitsubishi's are more reliable. You chose the right choice. It would have cost you MORE to fix the Honda than for what you bought the Mitsubishi.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM

I had a mighty max, a 1st g eclipse, a starion, a galant, a 2nd g eclipse (still have) and a '08 lancer and nothing major has happened to any of my mitsus. I drove them with the required maintanence and had them for at least 150k.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Mitsu's arent "maintence *****'s" at all I havent seen anything diffrences from any other car's. If you choose the lancer its about same relaibilty as civic and performance stock without the civic name all disrespect and jokes that come from owning it. Lancer are also a bit more quieter interior not much rattles around and not as many people steal Lancers, Knowing the complete history of a car is important if you have other goals for the car .

BTW I always thought Dusty was a girl... (did i read it wrong [>:]

Old 04-27-2007, 08:35 PM

Nope you read it right, lol. Im not a girl. The eye in my avatar is my ex girlfriend Dusty's eye, the Eclipse is named after her, Hence Dusty Eclipse.
The girl in the pictures with the the Eclipse is named Terri, shes a friend of mine that wanted to pose with the car.
lol, moving on... the girl in my signature is a model who also (lol) happens to be named Dusty... sort of confusing...
BUt like I said, youve gotta be like the 50th person whos thought I was a girl... and about 10 of em just started hittin on me in PMs thinking I was a chick, lol.
I think one day Ill make a post showing pictures of all these people and make it a sticky..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This could get interesting...