Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

factory hids question

Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Default factory hids question

if its been covered send me the link. i did a quick search in the forum with the title "09 lancer gts factory hids" and the info i was looking for didn't come up.

i'm just wondering whats the K rating on these bulbs and is it me or is the factory hid garbage.....

in my maxima this one part of the highway my factory hids light up the entire road np and hav a good distance. the bulbs for them are philips 4300k d2s. i noticed with the lancer the factory hids don't even come close to matching that light output

Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by bdmaxima View Post
if its been covered send me the link. i did a quick search in the forum with the title "09 lancer gts factory hids" and the info i was looking for didn't come up.

i'm just wondering whats the K rating on these bulbs and is it me or is the factory hid garbage.....

in my maxima this one part of the highway my factory hids light up the entire road np and hav a good distance. the bulbs for them are philips 4300k d2s. i noticed with the lancer the factory hids don't even come close to matching that light output
Like you I couldn't find out, but I did find this article interesting:
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

It would leave me to believe that we have 4100K D2S bulbs in the Lancer. Not the answer you were looking for but closer.