Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

fog light intall dilema

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Default fog light intall dilema

hi everyone nice place here, lots of info.

well im here because i have a 2006 lancer oz (lancer gt here in puerto rico) and i love it. my question is about fog lights. i just buy a fog lights from e-bay and guest what?? when im going to intall them the car DO NOT have the plugs for the fog lights. the seller includes a harnes of cables to install the lights but i try to use it install everything and the fog light did not turn on. but then i try and install directly the fog lights into the head lights switch and they work so i figure out that maybe i was not installing the cables that came with the fog lights correctly or they dont work at all ( ohh by the way, it didnt come with instructions so im on my own) how ever i was just thinking that i could make a little hack and put the fog lights to get electricity from the same cables that my car have to give electricity to my head lights and fog lights at the same time. but there i have other question if i do this i will have some negative effect in my electrical system??

well any help you can give me will be very helpfull and thanks, i hope you understand everything because english is not my strong

Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Default RE: fog light intall dilema

You buy those Switch at Auto Zone or Pep Boys.

If it's original fog light for the lancer youwill buy it at Junk yard who sells Mitsu parts. goodluck those are rare

Next time you should have a bought those $30.00 aftermarket blue foglight instead from Ebay.

Those $30.00 foglight are so easy to install. with three wires only negative, positive and ground