Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Default help

i own a 08 lancer.I put a cold air intake and an aftermarket muffler.Now i have a code saying the engine is running lean...What do i have to do to solve this problem?......Any answers would help.Im ne to the whole import scene..

Old 02-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Default RE: help

hi..have u taken it in yet to do a diagnostic test on it?? that would help to see where the problem is coming from and then what to do about it.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:40 AM

yes i have had a diagnostics ran on it and the problem is coming from the intake getting more air then the stock set up.i was told to un hook the battery and reset the ecu and then let it idle for 10 to 15 mins. that didnt work though.So it just gets more air then the injectors can keep up with.Bigger injectors or have it reflashed????????? I.D.K??????

Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 AM

You Probably broke the MAS sensor.

What brand of Intake did you buy was it Fujita F5 or Road Race Motorsport.

RRM Has a video in how to install the short ram intake on their web site.

They never had any problem with MAS sensor or CHECK engine light, the same with Fujita F5

Did you properly check the clap or rubber hosing and air filter if they are tight.

you should notfeel air or air suckingaround them when you REV.

I installed mine and no problem at all. I never rush when I install performance partsI take my time. I never install parts when it's very very cold out side.

I usually install performance parts during summer.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 PM

the MAS sensor seems to be working fine.If i put the stock set up back on it and reset it i dont get a code.I didnt buy a 300 dollar intake.I put this oe together myself using the same type of stuff you buy for the big bucks.Im a poor mo.fo.Is it just getting to much air.????????Can i have it reflashed or bigger injecters??????????? Thanx for all the advise ....jeremy

Old 02-10-2009, 02:26 PM

Well if you put back the old Intake system the stock one and doesnt have that problem

The parts that you are using is not compatible with a Japanese car.
it must have some gap on the side that it will suck air instead coming from the intake.

The RRM short ram intake is cheaper $217.00 I think. the Fujita is a little expensive but these SRI are tested already and have no problems with CEL.

I would not recommend to install the parts that you both, if you damage that MAS it will cost you more money big time.

I made a Home made SRI for my Nissan it was great with no CEL.

You must tighten all claps and hoses there should be no air coming from those parts it should be directly from the SRI air filter.

I will repeat do not use those parts again. It will really damage the engine if use cheaper parts

Old 02-10-2009, 02:32 PM

I recommend one brand Spectre Products. This is the only product Generic that I will recommend for you.

I used it on my Mitsubishi Mirage and my 1997 Nissan Sentra

please see my previous post under my other user name Beat about Home made SRI for nissan

good luck ask more question I will help you. SRI are easy to built as long you have the correct hard plastic tube,brackets, air filter etc etc

Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM

its probably from the rediculous intake.

No doubt its located right behind the fan, which can really screw up the correct metering of the airflow sensor when it comes on.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:19 AM

No,

The fan is too far away it has2 wall thatseparate it from the engine compartment
it's in the middle of the front panel.

And the SRI filter should be facing the Fire wall

Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 AM

put the stock intake back on
and buy a WORKS drop in air filter.

theWORKS filter will flow all of the extra air this engine needs.

the filter DOES work well.

i have one in my 07 outlander, my 09 RA , and 08 lancer gts

Quick Reply: help