Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Help Quick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Default Help Quick!!!

so i just got my oil changed today and they check all the fluids and ****, they tellme my brake pads are extremely low, so i figured id change them myself an hour after leaving the place my check engine light comes on and i cant figure out why, soi checked the oil an everything and everything is fine, im freakin out, is it possible that because the pads are really low that the car would sense that and automatically the service engine light would come on i cant think of anything else or see anything else that would cause this i checked all wires and everything some one please help.
by the way its an 03 lancer oz

Old 02-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Banned
Default RE: Help Quick!!!

Relax, it could be a number of things. Go to autozone and tell them to run a diagnostic and get the code... then post it here : )

Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM

when i took it back to the place i got my oil changed at they told me its the first sensor in the manifold dont no the code though

Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

Go to autozone and have them check the code.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:58 PM

going now

Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 PM

the code is P0421 pretty sure its an 02 sensor

Old 02-12-2007, 09:53 PM

i have just read the post of everyone who has had this problem, they are saying there is a recall on the cat that would cause this problem.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Banned

Yes.. basically what happens is that you have a cat on the exhaust to reduce the emissions..

You have one o2 sensor before the cat.. and one after it. Both are constantly measuring the levels... if the levels of the sensor after the cat are too high.. it triggers the check engine light to say there is something wrong with the cat.. and in this case that is exacly what it did. Nothing to worry about.. you can continue driving it without a problem.. i would change it as soon as you can just to avoid a hassle.. you will also fail emissions with the bad cat on it.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 AM

ok well i got the sensor today and wouldnt u no after i get it a couple hours later the light goes out and has not come back on since, even after shutting the car off and starting it back up, i was reving the engine a lil bit and boom it shuts off so im hopeing it stays off. and i just got my crank pulley in the mail today and i was going to take my car to my buddies shop to install the sensor but since its off now hopefully i will only be installing the pulley and im looking to get headers but dont no what ones to get, your oppinion is appreciated. Thanks for your help

Old 02-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Banned

Im confused.. why did you buy the sensor? It was either the sensor or the cat.. and why the crank pulley?

Quick Reply: Help Quick!!!