Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned
Default RE: How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

[sm=boohoo.gif]cry me a river.

Manybrews.... interesting. Learn something new every day : )

Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: AKILEZ

I dont came to INSULT people and I guess you are one of thosePeoplenever had a formal education in College.

You guys so funny.... Some of those I wrote come from the Mitsubishi Manual...did you read instead of Flabbing your mouth like a bitch.
1) who are you talking to?
2)what are you trying to say? Your sentances are mostly gibberish, and nearly unreadable. I dont think you should be the one talking about "going to college".
The car doesn' t talk to me dummy
I feel it when I drive it probably you are one those wanna be now how to drive.
seriously, is that suppost to be english?

and what I posted was "sarcasm". You should try not to overanalyze this as much as you are.
I learned how to drive when I was 7 years old with a manual 4 speed tranny. While you were still learning how to catch a baseball.
umm, yeah. I realize you know everything about me from a single post in a car forum, but perhaps you shouldn't assume ANYTHING about others.
15 years of a mechanics doesn'r prove anything. If you a Master Mechanic and past the test every year that you can answer me back. Prove it too!!!
Is that a question or a statement? What is it that you're trying to ask/say there?
seriously, read that sentance. It makes no sense.
past the test each year? What test? ASE's? Mitsus'? A "magic" test you created?
as it is, Ive worked on mitsus for 16 years plus. But I really dont care if you believe it or not.
Gas is expensive... buy cheapy ones and you will see water in them... dummy that's whatI meant...
if someone is selling you gas with water in it, I highly recommend you tell the BBB, among many other agencies.
Mivec doesn't like it if a driver doesn't know how to drive. Why you people only believe in yourself believe in other people in respect.
MIVEC isnt "magic". Its mearly a variable valve timing system, which in fact does exactly the OPPOSITE of what you're trying to say. It flattens the torque curve throughout the entire RPM range, and increases overall engine efficiency in all rev ranges. this in turn makes the engine much smoother, and easier to drive.
The Platform is heavy and the Mivec engine cannot handle itdummy did you noticed that.
Economy Car!!!! why are they selling performance parts for the Lancer!!!!!!
the platform is not heavy by any means. the DE is 2922 pounds, which is only a 150 pounds heavier than the last lancer. That is VERY light by most cars standards (my diamante is 3505 pounds).
the engine is not powerful, but at 152 HP it has 30 more than the outgoing model. so it has plenty of power for what it is, which IS an "economy" car. Im not sure who would even attempt to argue that, as its SOLD in the economy class!
Performance parts for sale does not change what it is. Hell, you can find performance parts for Geo Metros.

The Manual didn't say You Can only used Synthetic.... Read!!!!
what? Are you saying that you can or cant use synthetic? You seriously need to nail down your sentance structure a bit if you wish to communicate via type.
And my mechanic is Certified Master Technician on Watertown Massachusetts Mitsubishi with a degree in Mechanical engineering and he takes the test almost every year.

Go there and asked him..... Please educate yourself and go back to school

you're really not that bright, are you? there is no "mechanics" test to take each year. If you're referring to ASE certification, I do indeed have all 8 of those (with the higher level L1). But that means nothing, and the recertifications happen every 4 years.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Im just bias with the whole synthetic thing lol.

As for the thing about gas... if the manual says to use premium.. you shouldnt use anything else. Aparently its cool with regular.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:25 PM

I usually dont hang out up here, but I couldnt resist.

Please educate yourself about gas and what high octane really is. It doesnt make cars go faster the gas doesnt burn better.

In fact high octane gas is made to prevent pre ignition, if used in an engine made for regular gas it will not burn as efficient as 87 octane gas will. That is why it stops pinging in older engines with carbon buildup, it allows the piston to compress the gas fully before it ignites. Engines thatare designed forhigh octane gas have higher compression in the cylinder and run hotter, normal gas in these engines would ignite too early causing running problems. With the motorcycles I work on Ive found higher octane gas doesnt completely burn which causes poor gas mileage.

As far as quality of gas its all the same, if you buy 87 octane gas you are likely getting more "actual" gas per gallon because there arent the extra additives to change the octane.
All grades of a certain "brand" have the same cleaner additives. Different brands use different additives.

Also you are fooling yourself if you think the sign at the station gurantees the "brand" of additives in the gas. What often happens on franchise stations is the distributor picks up a tank of gas gets the additives for Shell added to the tank then drives to the Shell station that ordered the tank of gas. If the station cant take the full tank the distributor will call a station on the way often times not a Shell station and dump what they have left in the truck in their tanks so they can go back empty.

Also most of the gas in an area will come from the exact same refinery the only difference is the additives for the different brands.

You are also kidding yourself about water in 87 octane gas.

You are more likely to pull bad gas from high or mid octane gas because the mid/ high gas sells slower so the tanks dont get a full delivery ever and mosture builds up in the half full underground tank, the tanks are never completely run empty.

And with gas prices the way they are people are less likely to spend the extra $ on high/ mid so the gas gets old sitting in the ground for extended times getting old and reaching the varnish point.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 AM

Of course im bright.. I have degree in International Management and Minor in Marketing.... before you humiliate me check your spelling first..

My sentences gibberish,,, that's funny... look who's talking... I don't have time to check my grammar and spelling or type O... idiot.... I work too,,,, a12 hour job.

You guys really lack common sense like any other Americans.. and thank god I'm not one of them. I bet you votedallfor Bush who graduated from Yale....

I wonder why formula one race car used high octane gas? IfHi octane gas doesn't make the car GO Faster? why do they used them?

Did I wrote gas makes car faster? LOL that's funny.

I mentioned that mid grade Gasoline is better than low grade gas. that was it.

Please read the manual again.. The manual did not say ...You can ONLY used synthetic oil. is that loud and clear. Do you think every person out there CARE about what kind of Oil they used on their cars? They don't care!!! they just drive to work or any where they want to go

yes it is english... What country do you think We live in? What the hell is manybrew means?
doesn't make anysense... What?!!! trying tobrew too many .....is that what you meant?
Is that like "Lord of War" instead of "Warlord".

I bet you don't even know the meaning of my name... AKILEZ.

16 years being aAuto Techniciandoesn't mean your A GENIUS and know everything about cars.

Additives!!!! check the god damn manual and read it again... if you can't find it, I will give the page to you.

Why do theymake additives if nobody use them? answer that question pls?
it is a Marketing research.....

Tell me so I can won't be so naive about consumer behavior? especially taking care of A Car... I wonder why my 1993 Honda Civic had 450,178 miles on it before it died on me.

Because probably I don't know how to take care of my cars. I am not a technician like Manybrews.

FU!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 PM

The more you open your mouth the more Im convinced your a "book smart" idiot.

However, your grammar and sentence structure needs some work. Your sentences may make sense to you but those of us who are better at using the English language find your sentence structure and grammar confusing.

Put the books down get out in the real world, do things like purchase a gas station (I did), repair an engine (I have) or drive a race car (my mom did), and then get back to us.

I can guarantee the high octane gas used in racing is nothing like what you get at the pump. Im old enough to have been around in the "leaded" days and have run airplane fuel in my car before it was removed from public access. That was real gas

The high octane wording at stations is misleading to say the least. Do your research and get educated before you start claiming things.

Read what I said dont skim the paragraph. You are not doing your car a favor running mid grade if it isnt called for by the manufacturer.

I suspect the life you got out of your Civic is related to the manufacturer, frequent oil changes and the fact that you dont get snow which causes the body of the car to degrade past usefulness before the life of the drivetrain is exceded.

And stop telling mechanics that have actually touched the inside of an engine they dont know what they are talking about.

Or would you rather I tell you I could do circles around your International Management and Minor in Marketing "certificates" with my poor little purchasing and inventory control experience. [:'(]
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-08-2007, 01:31 PM

You can't read english that's your idiotic problem... You drive a race car... that's funny.

An airplane fuel on your Car?!!! "What are you Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome"

LOL...sa pathetic... by the way,,, can you understand my English now?
And how long did you check your grammar before you post your Idiotic character assasination comment?

Certificate in Markting!!!! Blah.... that's pathetic...I didn't went for 2 years.

I attended 4 yrs in Managementand 2 years inMarketing.
Did my thesis on Automotive Industries all over the world.

You meant I have A Degree from Wesleyan University... Not from Bunker Hill Community College certificate....By the way.... why don't you marry ManyBrew bought of you Like Each Other. You seem to protect him.. ***

For the Idiot who doesn't know what is additives... Question

What alcohol is added on regular gasoline? answer that smart ***.
You used iton your rice rocket.

Oh Please I live in Boston... My Mitsubishi and Hondahad almost 500,000 miles on them. I did my own tune up and other stuff. I didn't even went to school jus to repair my own car.
I'm sorry I'm not damn.

You must have a 6 months certificate from an Automotive school. Well. I pity you because you need more education to know everything about cars. Andsome Auto Tech out there educateor have to be train again to fix newly develop engine. especially withJapanese andEuropean cars.

What the hell is Skim the paragraph??!!! I never heard of such idiotic grammar. What's that Skim Milk?!!! Actually I didn't learn purchasing and inventory control experience in College I learned those in High Shool......You actually learned those in the field.

FYI -MF: I learned Managerial and Financial Accounting in College.

Sorry I got an A+ plus onmy Political scienceclassin High school.

I LOVE DEBATE. next!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:37 PM

Oh by the way I didn't checked my spelling can you please correct me....

Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: AKILEZ

Oh by the way I didn't checked my spelling can you please correct me....
I wasn't talking about your spelling. As I said before, which it looks like you missed when you skimmed the paragraph again, you need to work on your grammar and sentence structure.

If I corrected your sentence above it would read
Oh by the way, I didn't check my spelling can you please correct me?

As for what "skim the paragraph" means you should look up the definition in an American dictionary before you make such an *** out of yourself.

There is no debate this is obviously a "pissing contest". A debate would involve facts and you have presented few on your behalf. Look up the definition of fact before you make an *** of yourself again.

Oh...BTW I am a girl therefore *** does not generally apply. lol

Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM

Hi,

BoldlyGoingNowhere, you did a fine job explaining octane and what you wrote is true.

Anyone who took the time to google octan will know that putting a higher octane, otherthen what is recommendedin a newer engine, is just a waste of money. The engine in the new 08' Lancers are specifically tuned to run off of 87 octane gasoline, and anything higher is NOT going to increase your performance at all. I really dont need to add to anything that Boldly already wrote, I beleive she explained it in a coherent way.

Quick Reply: How to Drive your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer