Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Default I need help

Hey guys,
I was wondering if you could help me with a prob im having. Im gettn my license really soon and i love the Evo and the EvoVIII, but my buddy also got me into the Subaru WRX STi, i love the evo but i sorta like the sti too, i was wondering what you have to say about them. Also what do evo's and evo VIII go for price range and what they look like on insurance im sure not good. You input would be greatly apreshiated. I herd something something about motors/clutches blowing or something like that help would be good to. i was thinking going to my local mits dealer what should i ask do stuff like that well thanks

Old 08-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Default RE: I need help

HELLO PPL anyone out there

Old 08-23-2004, 11:16 PM

The engine blowing on the 4g63 would probably because, ther person did not change their timing belt in time and it slipped and blew there engine.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:36 PM

sorry dude didn't mean to keep ya hangin. evo VIII vs. wrx sti? a classic battle for the ages I'm a mitsu man to the core so I am biased but you get a bigger engine and more tried and true AWD system out of the wrx Sti. Style points gotta go to evo tho still relatively unknown car in the states compared to the wrx sti. if you are really interested in the performance diff between the two the RS evo drops enough of the junk weight to make it competitive w/ the sti. Insurance dude if you are considering either of these as a first car get all the discounts you can (drivers ed, good student, life insurance policy, etc.,) bcuz it ain't gonna be pretty. hope I helped some any specific ??s just ask I will get to ya asap.

bottom line GO EVO.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:38 PM

MadMat
Thanxs man ya i was a little iffy about the 2 and then i seen the 2 today and got 2 get inside and have a look @ them. STI's are junk to me atleast im going evo all the way, the only thin kthat will interupt that is my mom (only parent) but if she drops the big No i guess ill have to go with eith a Acura RSX Type-S, Dodge Ram 1500 decked out with everything, or a Dakota same decked out with everything i love trucks the same as i love cars but im leaning 2wards cars. The only problem i havewith cars is that i live in PA liek 20 miles from pitts in "The Country" and when mid November December and January rolls around im going to be "all Fu$% ed up cuz we get snow like no tomorow" Its not really bad but it can get to liek 3 or 4 Feet so thats the only problem i got. Which i was going to fix by buything mu buddys truck put a lift and winch and that can be my winter/work truck so i think i have that covered but that leaves me with a problem.
Money for a downpayment on the EVO i was going to originally put 5-6K down on the evo but if i go and do that truck with the lift andwinch thats the 6K i was goign 2 put as the down payment so i dont know what to do.
im gettn my license in early-mid January and my cuz is landing me a job at Home Depot and im going to make soem nice cash working there plus ill have 1yr of carpendry under my belt when i go there cuz im inrolled in carpendry i nthe votech This year starting monday "thats when school starts" [:@]
any ways thanks and keep posting to help me out
lata
2 fast 4 u

Old 08-28-2004, 05:15 AM

I'm in WV and we get dumped on w/ snow too. AWD should be fine if it's not state of emergency. You're not going to be able to go anywhere in 3-4 ft snow in anything shy of a hummer anyway. Although there is the income potential of having a snow plow.