Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

lancer 08 daytime lights shutoff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Default RE: lancer 08 daytime lights shutoff?

leave them.
they do exactly what they're meant to do.

why not disable your airbags and seatbelts why you're at it?

Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM

^LMAO

Old 09-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Dude if you upgrade to HID lights... Those DRL will bust your ballasts... Don't wanna trough 150$ in the garbage that's all!!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:14 PM

Sorry to jack the thread but simmm where did you get your HID's from?

P.S. who cares if your DRL run all the time, the're there for a reason. And good point Many.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:14 PM

Whatever.

I got my HID's on Ebay. Seller ID: hqz4321

Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Leave them alone PLEASE. It is safety and doesn't annoy other people Like those White and Blue light

Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM

Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 AM

dam,

AllI see on all the forums is people hating on the drls. Seriously,I love em. I'm not anti-green, but I do think people have gotten a bit to obsessed with the idea that we are ruining the environment.

Anyway, obviously you don't need the drls to see a car in the bright sun. But I would like to mention that they do help visability in many conditions, and I'm not talking about the drivers visability. The problem is people turn on their lights when they need them to see, they don't always think about turning on their lights to help other people see them. The best example I can think of iswhen your driving on the highway and you enter a thunderstorm. Visability can drop significantly, but when looking around you its alot easier to see cars with lights on. I'd rather be a little less green and a little more visable, then to be hit by a car changing lanes at 70mph who didn't see me. Of course, I always drove with my lights on on my last car so at least these don't use as much energy as the low beams due to the PWM, so technically for me they conserve energy.

Anyway,I apreciate people who have their lights on during the day.

And now to totally contradict myself... I just graduated Northwestern with an EE degree, and I want to install some HIDs (cause I've fallen in love with this car), so I'm working on figuring out a way to disable the drl's, will post if I figure one out.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Default Forgot my Rear Lights last night

Well, last night I forgot to turn on myrear lights or park light so people behind were a little nervous. they thought I was cruising without a headlight but thank god my DRL is "always" on.

I found out that I didn't have any rear light on when I NOTICED MY DASH BOARD AND ***** WHERE NOT LIT UP

A Good example to keep our DRL On all the time.

I noticed using the Regular headlights only makes a little difference with DRL.

Sometimes I don't even use my regular headlights in theCity at nightjust DRLand it works FINE for me. If I allow another car to turn left or right I just used the DRL swtichBlink at other car to let it pass by not using my High Beam.

I see alot of cars like BMW, Acura and Lexus drivers only use their DRL at night. I come I know? The Beam of their lights are not so bright like the regular headlights.

I hope this help.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: ddawg1130
I just graduated Northwestern with an EE degree, and I want to install some HIDs (cause I've fallen in love with this car), so I'm working on figuring out a way to disable the drl's, will post if I figure one out.
If you want some help with this, let me know. I can give you the pinouts for the MOSFET and scope caps of the DRL PWM signal if that'll help. Could something as simple as an RC network filter out the PWM signal and let the regular low-beam signal through?

Quick Reply: lancer 08 daytime lights shutoff?