Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Lancer Recalls

Old 05-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Default Lancer Recalls

Owner of a Lancer GTS 2010. Ontario. Canada.

Have not seen anybody mention anything about the recalls.
I am registered with Mitsubishi-I think.
Did not rec`v anything from Mitsubishi about the recalls.
My dealer gave me the information.

Recalls on the drive belt, ECU failing and loose all electrics.
Something about a bolt, not too sure about that one.

+ the big one Air bags exploding blinding 2 people and killing 6. Not 100% sure of the numbers. That is coming from the Media.

Anybody have any notes from Mitsubishi. Canada or USA ?
Thanks.

Last edited by redpattison; 05-23-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:10 PM

The dealer can check for recalls. You receive notices of some recalls in the mail. I have had ecu reprogramming, wiring, headlight and warranty updates for several of my vehicles in the mail. Others I have only heard about when getting service and others I told the dealer about and they confirmed with a little looking.
I do not think they need to mail you all recalls only certain ones. As far as I am aware most of the airbag recalls--so far-- have been in the Japan market. I think some have been in the southern US as well.
Your best bet is to check with the dealer for the most up to date recall list. You could also conform with Mitsubishi Canada or Mitsubishi north america that you are in the correct database.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by firebuck
The dealer can check for recalls. You receive notices of some recalls in the mail. I have had ecu reprogramming, wiring, headlight and warranty updates for several of my vehicles in the mail. Others I have only heard about when getting service and others I told the dealer about and they confirmed with a little looking.
I do not think they need to mail you all recalls only certain ones. As far as I am aware most of the airbag recalls--so far-- have been in the Japan market. I think some have been in the southern US as well.
Your best bet is to check with the dealer for the most up to date recall list. You could also conform with Mitsubishi Canada or Mitsubishi north america that you are in the correct database.

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

I have called Mitsubishi. Toronto. 5 days ago. No response.
Also my Dealer and they only mentioned the drive belt recall, nothing else.
I am having the belt recall done on Wednesday. The service counter have no other information for me.
I will be talking to the Manager and see where it goes from there.
Will keep you informed with an update

Cheers.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by redpattison
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

I have called Mitsubishi. Toronto. 5 days ago. No response.
Also my Dealer and they only mentioned the drive belt recall, nothing else.
I am having the belt recall done on Wednesday. The service counter have no other information for me.
I will be talking to the Manager and see where it goes from there.
Will keep you informed with an update

Cheers.

I found this on the Transport Canada website...Im sure you have checked it as well...The dealer should be able to just input your VIN and come up with any additional Recalls. Good luck..and keep us posted.

Road Safety Recalls Database

Old 05-31-2015, 11:11 AM

Latest update.

Took the car in Friday for the drive belt recall.
Nothing came up with regards to any other recalls.
Was told by the dealer that Mitsubishi would send snail mail if there where any other recalls.
Will call Head office on Monday again, however, I am not holding my breath.
Already left a message for them on the 20th May 2015.
My message ended with, "Please call me back before I die"
Looks like I will die. Lol.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by firebuck

Showed this to the Service Manager. Not really interested.

Confirmed that my address information is correct with both my dealer and Mitsubishi.

My question to the Head Office will be, "How is it that not all recalls are consistent across Canada?"

Old 06-06-2015, 08:08 AM

Apparently in Canada it is not mandatory for manufactures to report recalls, as in USA. Wtf.
Ministry of Transportation is now trying to correct that.
Wait and see.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:22 AM

Hi, There has been a re-call in the UK on Lancers. Apparently the ECU can burn out causing electrics to fail

Old 11-07-2015, 09:30 AM

Some Outlanders had the same issue with the ETACS ECU, since they all use the same ECU I expect the problem is probably with both vehicles.. This only applies to specific part numbers though.

I bought mine used... I called the 800 number in the manual and they said I had no recalls but wanted to updated my information and a week later I got a letter from Mitsu saying that my blower motor and my ETACS were both recalled for my VIN and I had it checked and changed at the dealer.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:24 PM

New member here. I was looking through the interwebs to see if anyone had a similar issue but didn't see anyone else experiencing the same situation. I got stuck in Vegas cuz of the recall. Short story, ECU was on the fritz and several electrical things weren't working include lights. Couldn't drive at night and was stuck 40+miles away from Vegas during the Rise Festival. Anyway, I posted a video regarding what the symptoms might have looked like.

FYI I own a 2010 Lancer GTS in Los Angeles, California.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lancer Recalls