Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Lancer Starting Problem

Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Default Lancer Starting Problem

Well, some of you may have already experienced this or some may have this to look forward to.

I bought my ’08 Lancer GTS in May. No more than 2 weeks after I bought it, I had a problem where it wouldn’t crank on the first try or the second or the third. I called the dealership and asked about the issue and they wanted me to bring it in ASAP. They had the car for about 2 days. The first answer they told me was that it was caused by my cell phone. They said it may be erasing the chip in the key and instructed me to keep the phone and key farther apart. Well, I went for probably 2 or 3 weeks keeping the phone on the opposite side of the car. I still had the cranking issue. In fact there have been times that my cell phone wasn’t even in the car and I had the problem. I had the car in the shop several times over the next 3 months while they performed some troubleshooting. I had the car in the shop one last time in early November. Evidently, the tech folks got to the bottom of the issue finally. I was told that the engine was not getting enough fuel while cranking. They told me to slightly push in the gas when I am having the problem as a temporary fix. Since I got the car back I have had to do this, and it actually works. I was told by the dealership’s GM that they aren’t expecting a permanent fix for the problem until at least May. He said they have to get approval from the US Government to mess with the fuel ratio stuff. I am starting the dispute process this week about this issue. I really don’t want to wait until May. That would be a year I have had to deal with this.

I hope this helps others nail down issues with their car.

To add insult to injury, we bought an ’07 Outlander the same day as the Lancer. Over the next 6 months we had it in the shop 5 times because the interior lights wouldn’t go off when the door was closed. They ended up taking the headliner down and replacing all the wiring and the unit that controls all the timed lights. Needless to say I am not too impressed with Mitsubishi.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Default RE: Lancer Starting Problem

That would be 1 out of ahundredcars wereassembled has problems during assembly.

I never had any problems with my Lancer 08. It has a small problem after a stupid Tech did something wrong. I won't get into details.

My rims gone hit twice by a curve when I was turning (it was my fault), I was hit by flying debri on 95 and dented my hood a little, Rear ended another car and his bumper broke and my Lancer has no damage.

My is still running well and still looks good.

Honda,Toyota, Nissan and Mazda has similar problems.

out ofa thousand car assembled there will be a few with minor defects during assembly
and your caris one of them.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

That sucks man. I really feel bad for you.

But seriously, its not confined to Mitsu, so dont be mad at them, **** happens.

Well, if you want to, you could always look into lemon lawing the car

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 PM

itsa lemon

Old 12-09-2007, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

That sucks man. I really feel bad for you.

But seriously, its not confined to Mitsu, so dont be mad at them, **** happens.

Well, if you want to, you could always look into lemon lawing the car
It really does happen to every type of car. My father was going to buy a Ford Expedition and the day before he was going to pick it up the engine took a ****. He found another Expedition had it for 6 years and never had any problems with it. It's something that happens to every car no matter what make it is. Like the two posts before said try lemon lawing the car if you are really that upset

Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 PM

[
It really does happen to every type of car. My father was going to buy a Ford Expedition and the day before he was going to pick it up the engine took a ****. He found another Expedition had it for 6 years and never had any problems with it. It's something that happens to every car no matter what make it is. Like the two posts before said try lemon lawing the car if you are really that upset

[/quote]

Ya, my buddies dad has a mercedes benz as a company car n its been in the shop for most of the time that hes owned it, so even the expensive **** has problems like that, jus please don blame mitsubishi, lol, cus theyre awesome

Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Banned

Mercedes have some of the worst consumer reports. Although recently there rep is getting a little better. They have problems with reliability and their customer service sucks too. Not sure if its still the same way. Toyora ranked top by the way.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM

hehe, ya, their customer service blows. my buddies dad is a big guy, n they tried to stuff him into one of those tiny little puke mercedes two doors while his was in the shop, what a site

Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

sight*

Old 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

sight*
site* the english dictionary got rewritten yesterday so, site* is rite*

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lancer Starting Problem