Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/)
-   -   LED tail lights for Sportback? (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-lancer-lancer-sportback-11/led-tail-lights-sportback-39682/)

erea77 06-11-2011 11:02 AM

LED tail lights for Sportback?

I just bought a graphite grey pearl, '11 Lancer Sportback ES.

I love it, but the more I look at the tail lights, the more I think they are the most lacking part of the vehicle.

Are there any options for aftermarket tail lights?

Would you recommend blacking out the tail lights with my color?

Thanks,

Bmoreira1990 09-18-2012 09:28 AM

im having the same dilema as you, ive spent countless nights roaming for a set of after market brake lens but have come up with nothing, and the annoying thing is the searches always show me the sedan lights, as if the manufacturers forgot that the sportback has a diffrent fitment, right now im debating buying a new brake lens and just smoking it, (my driver outside brake lens is broken) if you have come up with something could you plz post a link

woodbutcher3773 02-16-2013 01:25 PM

rear led light sportback

im in the process of trying to source rear lights for the sportback would be curious of how much demand there is for them

Höllenhorst 04-10-2013 06:52 AM

same problem in europe here. we're also looking for some different taillights without any results

jharowicz 04-25-2013 09:16 AM

same issue

thing with owning a rare car is that finding parts, especially tail lights are going to be incredibily hard to find. I've been searching for almost 3 years now(I got my car in 2010), and I cannot find crap. It's frustrating, plus if you are looking for aftermarket engine parts those are also expensive as hell. RRM (road race motorsports if you google it) has a bunch of nifty stuff, but they are expensive.

woodbutcher3773 04-29-2013 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jharowicz (Post 292004)
thing with owning a rare car is that finding parts, especially tail lights are going to be incredibily hard to find. I've been searching for almost 3 years now(I got my car in 2010), and I cannot find crap. It's frustrating, plus if you are looking for aftermarket engine parts those are also expensive as hell. RRM (road race motorsports if you google it) has a bunch of nifty stuff, but they are expensive.

they must make then guess if enough poeple want they will manufacture
guess you are in usa im in the uk cant even get a ralliart hood here under £1000

Sebba 04-29-2013 06:52 PM

Are there any USDM parts I can help track down for you? I won't ask compensation, just cover the cost of the part and shipping and I can take care of the rest.

woodbutcher3773 05-15-2013 02:45 PM

thanks

found hood on ebay but as in usa would have to be shipped as pallet due to size so will keep looking in uk for now still trying to source lights will update when more info.
2008-2012 LANCER EVOLUTION X PRIMERED STEEL HOOD GSR MR SPORTBACK Ralliart TURBO | eBay
link for hood

SRC1225 08-20-2013 06:06 PM

Warning on led turn signals **lancer sportback**

Be advised...the electrical systems on the 2012-2013 Sportbacks (and probably the earlier ones as well) Do NOT like LED lights, even with a ballast. I learned that the hard & expensive way. You can swap them out for any other light on the car, but not the turn signals. It'll trip code after code, that can only be reset by the dealer or with a newer OBDII scanner. Unless it came with them as OEM, the turn signals won't convert to LED. (If someone has a solution to that, by all means, let me know because I spent 4 weeks on it with no success.)

Igor Pikov 06-21-2021 03:48 AM

sportback taillight

Chinese are willing to make sportback taillight for 200$ but need 500 orders