Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

my car... 2003 lancer oz rally pics

Old 12-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Default my car... 2003 lancer oz rally pics

i just got a lancer from a friend... its a 2003 with 78k miles on it... he lost his license so he let me take over the payments which is about 4k left(i know that some of you would say its not worth it but.. it kinda has sentimental value cause we had a lot of experiances in that car and i wanna bring it back up to flawless condition).... the car is in pretty beaten up shape body wise... and its missing 2nd gear.... but the engine runs fine and the interior is perfect other than the sunroof motor is sitting in his garage... but i just want some advice on if i should get the tranny rebuilt or just get a new one.. and wether or not i should do it my self and how hard it is to do.... im rather new when it comes to dropping swaping or rebuilding a tranny but i am willing to learn and i figured this forum would help me out... thank you all

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Default RE: my car... 2003 lancer oz rally pics

You can still do the tranny rebuilt if IT'S BROKEN but working properly I advise not to touch it. it's a pain in the *** to fix trannies especially automatics.

Do you mind doing me a Favor Please clean your engine. It is so obvious it's very dirty. People who likes fixing or tuning cars.Our engine is always clean.

dent on the door can be fix you can do it yourself just scrap itall the way to the metal and putty it. ASAP

goodluck

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 AM

yeah ill clean the engine i was planning on it.. i just wanna show everyone the condition of the car when i got her

Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 AM

by the way, I recommend finding the cover for the air filter, it's missing.
You can rebuilt the tranny with better cheaper performance parts. just a pain in the behind to do it without a lifter.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM

She looks pretty fixable to me just make it a labor of love and some day youll get it finished it will all be worth it when she sitting in the drive way shinning. or when your out toolin and someone offers to buy her for twice what you got in it. its a 5 speed correct I didnt think any oz,s was auto trans that tranny thing must be a week spot in them my sons 2nd gear is out of his as well , but he wasnt very fogiving to it though. anyway stay focused and you will get it good luck. Later