Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

My car is revving up and down + engine and traction control lights are on

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Default My car is revving up and down + engine and traction control lights are on

Hi everyone! I have a 2014 lancer, I was just driving it on the highway and it was raining pretty bad. I think I went through a puddle and the car felt like it slipped a bit. Then the traction control “off” light came on, the engine light, and the road slippery light. For the rest of the drive home (~20 mins) the car was fine but when I would end up slowing down from traffic and I push the clutch peddle in, the engine revs to 1500 then back down again. It keeps doing this until I give it gas and it’s in a gear.

When I got home then I turned it off and turned it back on and it wasn’t revving anymore, all the lights were off except the engine light. What should I do? Will the light go off on its own? I need to get back to school tomorrow which is an hour away, would I be able to drive it back and find a shop there?

Old 07-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Powerfulalex
Hi everyone! I have a 2014 lancer, I was just driving it on the highway and it was raining pretty bad. I think I went through a puddle and the car felt like it slipped a bit. Then the traction control “off” light came on, the engine light, and the road slippery light. For the rest of the drive home (~20 mins) the car was fine but when I would end up slowing down from traffic and I push the clutch peddle in, the engine revs to 1500 then back down again. It keeps doing this until I give it gas and it’s in a gear.

When I got home then I turned it off and turned it back on and it wasn’t revving anymore, all the lights were off except the engine light. What should I do? Will the light go off on its own? I need to get back to school tomorrow which is an hour away, would I be able to drive it back and find a shop there?
Im assuming you have this issue fixed by now but, if not, have you been having issues with cranking like the battery isn’t holding charge? If so, consider checking for slippage in the drive belt. If your drive belt is slipping, make sure your tensioner pulley isn’t broken. I’m an amateur where auto mechanics are concerned but it sounds similar to an issue I hade with my 2012 Lancer.