Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

New Lancer Owner

Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Default New Lancer Owner

Ok guys, so I am the proud owner of a 2012 Lance ES with the CVT. I absolutely love this car and would like to make a few mods to it, I just don't know where to start. So I will ask a few questions here.

1. I want to add a few more horse power. What can I add, that wont take away from the warranty and wont cause damage to the car?

2. I also want to add something to the tailpipe to make it a little louder. Can I do this with just an exhaust tip or do I need to add a whole new exhaust system?

Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 AM

Try carid.com they have some neat things. You will not get any results other than cosmetics with an exhaust tip. If you want better sound you'll have to get a muffler upgrade. Alternately you could remove the center muffler from the stock exhaust (I don't know if these cars have a center resonator or not). Not sure how that would affect a naturally aspirated car with back pressure and all but I know on my turbocharged vehicle it doesn't really matter. You could start with an air intake and a muffler for a few hundred. Remember though you get what you pay for!