Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

RIPP Supercharger Kit or RPW Stage 3 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Default RIPP Supercharger Kit or RPW Stage 3 Turbo?

Ok i have a 05 Lancer ES and am going to make it into a sleeper and need some help deciding what to go with turbo or supercharger i really wanna go supercharger cuz not many people i know go that way its always turbo and i like being different so any pros versus cons on the subject and is there any other supercharger kits out there besides RIPPs i have found a couple turbos and can always piece together my own just fabricating brackets and what not, not too bad done it before but didnt know if anyone had that RIPP kit in there own car or seen the outcome of it so any help would be nice thanks.

Old 04-16-2006, 03:54 AM
Default RE: RIPP Supercharger Kit or RPW Stage 3 Turbo?

dose road race make a turbo for the lancer?

Old 04-17-2006, 09:02 PM

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/

there ya go

Old 04-17-2006, 09:03 PM

turbo kit for 4000$^

Old 04-18-2006, 10:41 AM

i have seen the RRM turbo but the RIPP kit seems to claim to more power than the turbo kits has anyone out there know of anyone with the RIPP kit on it?

Old 04-23-2006, 02:48 PM

I went for a ride this weekend in the RRM turbo lancer RA, not ES, this weekend, and let me tell you this much....it will pull hard from 3200RPM and your redline will come quick. I was at their shop looking for parts that are interchangeable with my car and the owner took me for a ride. If I had $4K, I'd have a turbo in my car as of now. I have wanted one for quite some time, but this just fueled the fire. They move a lot of the turbo units and they are reliable. I scoped out the employee cars in the lot and there was an ES with a turbo, an RA with a turbo and an OZ non turbo. Two out of three can't be that bad.
As for comparing the two on the dyno, personally there are two questions I would ask regardless of how many people use and love either product
1.) Fuel grades are the same? CA only sells 91 octane max and RRM uses this for their numbers. IS RIPP using higher octane?
2.) Alcohol or any other goodies?
Obviously I would reccomend RRM's turbo, and no I don't get any prizes for doing so. I simply reccomend what I think is a good product from first hand experience. PM me if you want more info.

Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 AM

Okay well thanks for the help i will probalby look into the turbo some more the other thing i was thinkin was a twin charger system having the RIPP super and RRM turbo right now i am not too concerned with money but i have heard that its hard to tune anyone had any expierience with that one and thanks for the help on the turbo

Old 04-28-2006, 02:15 PM

Are you planning on doing a self install? I would contact which ever company you want to go with and ask them for more info about the install and the tuning. If you are having it installed they should set everything up for you.... but I'm sure that's another chunk of change...but money isn't a concern so have them do it all

Old 05-03-2006, 11:30 AM

I am doing self install