Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Temp. control problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Default Temp. control problem?

I have a 2002 Lancer and the **** that goes from heat to cool broke. And it is not the ****, it is the piece the **** fits on to. Anyways, I took it to a dealer to see how much $$and what needs to be fixed.They said it would cost about $3000.00 to fix cause they need to remove the dash and replace the entire assembly in dash and replace the heater air blend door link and lever.

My question is: The guy there said that a lot of Lancers have had this problem in the years '02-'03. Has anyone had any luck getting the dealer to fix this for free with the car out of warranty? The guy said there was a bulletin sent to all the dealers to notify them of this problem and how to fix,but it was not called a "recall" because they do not consider it a safty issue. But when I am driving, I find it not very safe to continue when my windshield is fogging and I can not defog it.

Any help would be great...Thanks!
Danny