Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Window Tint Percent

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Default Window Tint Percent

So I am thinking about doing tints for my 2008 Lancer GTS, Graphite Grey.
A few of my friends have the tints and I have been reading around as to which it says tints greatly reduce visibility in some cases.

So I am wondering what percent to get my tints; I was thinking about 25%...but I'm unsure.

Who has had their windows tinted here?
If so, please tell me what color your car was, what percent tint you got, roughly how much you payed, and how the visibility is with the tints, especially during the night time.

Any information is appreciated, thanks.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Window Tint Percent

Me... no tint formy2008 lancer for now wannamake sure i CAN see the roadduring heavy snowstorm. It is really hard to see with tinted glasses.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM

I have an 06 lancer Labrador black with 5%. It's kinda hard to see at night going down a dark road and backing up in the pitch black, but if you live in the city you shouldn't have too much problem with it. You just have to train yourself.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 AM

I have an 02 Yellow Lancer with 25% tint on all of the windows and I really like the look of it. It's kind of hard at night to see some times. In the day time theres no problems seeing, but at night it is difficult sometimes. I feel that it definatly takes some time to get use to, but I think that it makes any car of any color look better. I did it myself so it only cost about $40. I know in the Philadelphia area it cost around $200 to get it professionally done depending on where you go.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM

ive got a yella oz 02 lancer also, i have 15% and i think its a great balance, it doesnt effect me at all and it looks damn good. it also dependson where u live and what the legal limit is, even though no one follows it. its just a matter of preference whether u want really dark or just a little to protect the inside of your car from the sun.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:09 PM

i had both 5% and 20% tint on my old eclipse rs... the 20 was good, you can see fairly well at night, and as far as the 5$, just look for lights lol!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 AM

I have the blue gts and i got 35% front and 20% rear. its pretty badass. front is dark enough to look cool but its still see through enough that I have no problem while driving at night.I personally like the slightly lighter front look so thats why I did that. If you don't then go 20% all the way around.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 AM

I think 20% is good butI THINK cannot put tint on the front windows on thedriver and passenger sideonly on the rear windows. Do you know the law in Mass on tints for cars?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Rally Red GTS here -- I also got 35% front, 20% rear plus a 20% 6 inch strip from the top of the windshield. In my previous car (240SX) I had 20% front and 5% rear.

I got the lighter tint this time to at least somewhat comply with WA laws since this state has been doing night-time nanny seatbelt patrols like mad lately... but my rear windows are technically illegal still. However, I really liked the dark tint in the 240 better... the only tricks were backing up at night and making left turns on a dark street at night (to look for peds). In any case, the value of SUVs no longer blinding you with their brights on behind you is priceless!

Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM

lol,

For all the complaints I read about the rear spoiler being to big. I LOVE it. maybe its just me but it is in the perfect spot that it blocks like 90% of all cars headlights behind me. But yeah, the tint also improves that alot. I love this car no, no longer being blinded by an ******* with his brights on or SUV's

oh, and I'm in IL and any tint on the front driver and passanger windows is illegal. the place i got the tint done had a disclaimer, but I'm not to worried, i see so many cars with the tint. Was also hoping that having a lighter tint in the front would maybe help me if i got pulled over for speeding. The one thing about driving my taurus wagon was that cops never pulled me over... lol (so glad to be rid of that pos)

Quick Reply: Window Tint Percent