Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

YIPPEEEE

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Default YIPPEEEE

ok so i just got another lancer today! i got a 2004 lancer es....its kind of weird but now i have an 03 and an 04 lancer es LOL! it was free so im hella excited! i was just curious if anyone knows about a successful conversion from AT to MT....the car is AT and i want to make it into an MT. i can care less if its worth itornot, i just want to know if anyone has ever seen it done successfully and how much they think it would cost me.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Default RE: YIPPEEEE

Never heard of anyone doing a tranny swap, its defenetly possible if you get all the OEM parts and have your ECU reprogramed by a profetional. However I dont think anyone wants to shell out the cash for such a project. I'm keeping an eye on a thread over at the evom forums of some guy thats making his 04 RA into 4WD, hes getting the trani and all the 4wd components from the 1st gen outi, he's insane but a clever guy, so to answer your question yes its possible, just find your self a MT from the same model/year and everything should bolt on, however everyone will tell you this is not verry time or cost effective.