Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

01 mirage radio wires

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Default 01 mirage radio wires

can someone tell me what the wires are all lead to for the radio?

i tried to use the wires connecting to the speakers but they're different colors than the wires that are connected to the radio

also where is the fuse for the radio and all interior lights located?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Default RE: 01 mirage radio wires

the wires are for the speakers, deck, lighting, and ground, fuse for the radio should be under the hood, what are you trying to do??

Old 10-21-2006, 12:14 AM

i was tryin to replace the stereo but i think i blew a fuse accidentally

i might actually just go to a pro cause i dunno what the stock wires are supposed to connect to on the aftermarket stereo

Old 10-24-2006, 03:41 AM

if you just take your time, you'll be able to work it all out. should save you a few hundred dollars as well.

The easiest way is to take off the speaker covers, look at which wires are coming from the speakers, then match them up the top at the head unit.

For power and stuff, its pretty easy to identify. (black's negative), red and or yellow is power etc . If some wires dont appear up at the head unit, they're in fact have been spliced somewhere and the colour may have changed. But its all deduction.

the aftermarket headunit should have come with instruction on which wires are which for itself. if not, download a pdf of your head unit online.

hope it goes well.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:35 PM

what do i do if i caused a short in the circuit

Old 10-25-2006, 04:34 AM

you'll need to assess how bad the short is. if its too bad you've might have lost everything.. just make sure you believe thats what you've done.

what model head unit is it?

Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM

the head unit i took out was the stock one from my 2001 mirage, the one im tryin to put in is a pioneer deh-1400

the pioneer head unit is a couple years old and was actually meant for a ford but it fits in my car fine

also, about the short... how do i go about fixing it? (just to let you know it took out the gauge lights, clock, dome light, and lighter)

Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 PM

i decided to not put in the pioneer head unit

i put the stock head unit in and the radio works fine but i cant get the gauge lights, dome light, and clock to work. does anyone no how to fix this?

Old 10-29-2006, 08:11 PM

sounds to me like you've just blown the fuse.

get to your fuse box under your bonnet. and it'll be towards the front of the box (closest to you), it may also be apart of MM's strange 'dual fuse' where the fuse is slotted in a yellow thing that holds another fuse. (but no need to worry just get some needle nose plyers and get it out)

theres a diagram on the top of the box and you'll see the one with the picture of an overhead light on the top (usually next to the music symbol ((radio fuse)))

it'll be a baby fuse (not a regular full size one), rated at 10 amps. should be red (if ur Aus mind you..) pull out the old one (that will have the circuit broken inside, and put in a new one. should be all good then..

let me know how it goes (i've got a pioneer deh-8400).

Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 PM

i checked the fuses and none of them are blown. i cant find the dual fuse thing though.

i figured out that whenever i try to turn on the dome light, the clock turns off, and when the dome light is off the clock turns back on.
the dash lights dont go on still when i turn on the headlights (or any time for that matter). Oh... also my tailights dont go on with the headlights but they still work for brakes.

it seems like not enough power is given to any lights for them to turn on but there is power to the radio and clock.

Quick Reply: 01 mirage radio wires