Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

cat back?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Default cat back?

ok ive been lookin all around and i cant find a full cat back system for the rage. can you guys direct me to any links?

also, will i have to import these headers from rpw since they are australia based? doesnt that also mean ill have to go thru customs and pay more for taxes? http://apparts.netfirms.com/exhaust.html

Old 07-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Default RE: cat back?

i've been searching for the past couple nights trying to find something for you, and i havn't had any luck. best thing you can do is take it to any local muffler shop and have them bend a catback for you. just pick a muffler you like (i recomend A'pexi N1's, but those are a little pricey, if you're looking to stay cheap, go to autozone and get one of their carbon fiber mufflers, they sound great and aren't too expensive or ricey soudning) and they'll weld it all up for you. i would expect to pay somewhere around $300 for all this. that's about what i paid for my HP after shipping, so really no difference.

as far as the header goes, most likely will have to be imported. check out www.visionimports.com, that's a USA subdivision of RPW and might be able to get you the header minus the duties and taxes.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

As far as the exhaust i agree with him because i looked and couldnt find anything for you. But for the headers there is a member on here that just got some "00mirage"
https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_77008/tm.htm

Old 07-28-2006, 01:04 PM

00Mirage has a the 4g93 (1.8L), he's got the same engine as me, a 4g15. The only company that I've found that makes a header for our engine is RPW, and they're not cheap. The link you provided had those headers for dirt cheap, but you'll probably pay almost that in shipping if they're comming from Ausie. Shoot them an email though and see if you can work anything out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-Lance...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a race design RPW header for pretty cheap, but you'd have to contact them to find out what shipping would be

Old 07-28-2006, 08:21 PM

HP racing would be the only one i kno of but i think thats just an axle back, OBX racing makes a header for the 4G93 i got one off ebay for about 170 total, and it works like a charm

Old 08-04-2006, 12:56 AM

ok and one more thing about headers. i know you can buy headers for an NA engine. but when you get a turbo, dont you have to buy a new set of headers i.e a turbo manifold? or can you use the same set? cuz it would be a waste to buy them now then have to get a new set later when i turbo...

Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Banned

depends what the flange is on the turbo. If the manifold flange and the turbo flange are the same.. then they will fit

Old 08-04-2006, 01:02 AM

you know an auto shop can custom fabricate you a catback? you wont gain much power anyway but still

Old 08-04-2006, 03:01 AM

As far as converting your RPW header to a turbo manifold.......not a chance. The flange is too low and too far foward to be able to fit a turbo. You'll need to get either RPW's turbo mani (which limits your turbo options to only one or two turbo's) or have one custom made. Mine's a custom job, ugliest thing in the world, but it does the trick. Another thing you'll need to worry about it placement of your turbo in front of the engine, too low and you'll run into problems running your IC pipes, too high, you'll have problems shutting your hood, too far to the right (as facing the car) you'll kill your radiator hoses, too far to the left, you'll have to get rid of power steering and AC (i'm without AC, who needs creature comforts when you're car goes "wooosh wooosh"?). Don't jump into a turbo application without doing your homework first.

When you're picking out your FMIC, keep in mind that if you get one that's even remotley tall, you'll have to cut or remove your front bumper support. If you're going to stay in your stock bumper, get a long narrow one ment to sit into the front of a 2g eclipse, fits perfectly. If you're going to get a body kit, I expect you'll want a nice shiny front mount to fill the big hole. Just do your research first is my advice.