Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Default RE: cold air intake

are u serouse? u can NEVER turbo charge a 1.5 litter engine.. am thinking if u no some site or some where to get ECU computer chips to improve piston timming.. orrr . do u have any idea where we can get just an intter cooler system to be hoocked up to an intake.. ?
i can't find any where, any place any web site that would have after market preformace parts an at the same time it won't hurt the engine for this small 1.5 Liter engine.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: botros11r

are u serouse? u can NEVER turbo charge a 1.5 litter engine.. am thinking if u no some site or some where to get ECU computer chips to improve piston timming.. orrr . do u have any idea where we can get just an intter cooler system to be hoocked up to an intake.. ?
i can't find any where, any place any web site that would have after market preformace parts an at the same time it won't hurt the engine for this small 1.5 Liter engine.
Ho-ly ****, are you serious? You wanna double check that can't turbo a a 1.5 bit, cuz I'll bet you my life savings that you can (hint hint, take a look at my sig). You can turbo virtually ANY car with the right no how and budget. And why are you so stuck on an ECU? There is no aftermarket unit made specifically for the Mirage, so short of a piggy back unit like an emanage or SAFC (which would be pointless at this point, because you've got nothing done to your motor to justify adding more fuel), or going standalone, you're SOL. And Piston timing? WTF are you talking about. You can change compression, but timing is something totally different, and you need neither at this stage. And an intercooler (not spelled intter cooler) will do nothing but restrict air flow and make your car slower UNLESS you've got a turbo that's pushing air through it.Seriously though, I think you should leave your car alone. Based on the questions and comments that you've made, I'm going to assume that you automotive knowledge is right around the 8 year old level, based solely on what you've seen in the F&F movies and from playing with hotwheels. Come back when you've got some intellegent questions to ask.

Oh and by the way, this topic has been covered numerous times before. Maybe you should try searching instead of asking people to spoon feed you.

[/end rant]

Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM

thats painful. but any ways, i found other ways to improve a little bit of acceleration.