Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

kit question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Default kit question

ok i found a pair of kits that i think would be perfect for my car but theres one slight problem. i believe its meant for the Lancer CE Coupe, which is what it says in the title of the kit. i.e.: NEW Lancer CE Coupe VERTEX kit!!! i was wondering if that model is the same as the mirage ls coupe, because it looks VERY much the same in the pics but just makin sure if i decide to buy it.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Default RE: kit question

oops, how do i delete a double thread?

Old 07-22-2006, 04:19 AM

i wouldnt get it, it might look the same but it prolly mounts a whole different way..

Old 07-22-2006, 11:42 PM

post some links, it'll be a lot easier to help you out that way.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: 00Mirage

i wouldnt get it, it might look the same but it prolly mounts a whole different way..
i, agree....you gonna probly end up molding the kit, and yeah..extra money for labor.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:35 AM

well heres the link, theyre pretty neat kits ( not much a fan of the evo 5/6 kit on the ls coupe ) but they come from australia... [sm=smiley5.gif]

http://www.gtautostyle.com/mitsubish...i_lancerCE.php

Old 07-24-2006, 04:08 AM

They should fit without too much modification, as far as I know the Ausi and USDM cars operate on the same chasis. Good luck getting one over here though. By the way, it's either Eurbani (sp?) or Extreme Dimensions make a pretty good looking kit for the mirage, not sure if it's for the sedan or coupe though. Check out Andy's Auto sprots, they have a good selection, and if it were me, I personally think the coupes look better with a lip, some rear pods, and the LS skirts. clean and simple

Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 AM

one more thing about the kits, cuz i realized it would cost 2 much to import . build...

do you know how and where i can get the headlights for the evo 5/6? i want to do a conversion like this guy but i dont know how to go about it. i guess its possible, but how come it says that these headlight are only for the 4dr and not the 2dr, did he have to reconfigure and rewire? and is it then possible to fit the 4dr evo 5 kit on there after doing some professional cutting/fitting?

heres the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2350100

Old 07-24-2006, 12:26 PM

That's actually a Super GT Widebody conversion. If you look carefully, you'll see that the coupes and sedans have differently shaped front ends. You can find some decent one-piece head lights on ebay, most are either projector headlights or halos, but there's some nice stuff out there. The thing is, the true Evo's were sedans, even the JDM, Ausie and Euro Lancer GSR's (1.8L DOHC turbo chargerd engine w/ AWD) were all sedans if memory serves correctly. So finding a true Evo IV/V/VI headlight would not be an option for you.

Here's a link to an ebay sale for a coupe version of the Super GT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...spagenameZWDVW

I'm not sure how much I trust that company though, they're using a picture of my car for their Evo V body kit and I know I sure as hell didn't give em permission to [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Just do a little searching around and you'll find something you like.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:11 PM

well its just exactly the point that i dont like the front end and the headlights it uses. i wanted to do an evo 5 conversion with the headlights too cuz the evo 5 kit with the stock lights IMO looks stupid. but ill just keep looking.

Quick Reply: kit question