Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

Mirage swap or tune?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Default Mirage swap or tune?

Hi, I have an Mitsubishi mirage de coupe 2dr 2001.
I want to swap engine with engine is preferable or easy to put. I just want a little more power to my car it has not to be the super fast motor or car but a little more power and easy to do and compatible not that I need to fabricate engine mounts. What is your opinion that I can do? sorry for my English.
When im at a stop light or when I slow down it takes forever to accelerate.
What can i do to have more power??

Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 PM

Swap a 4G64 from a 3G Eclipse. The swap is pretty straight foward as many ppl have done it. If your going to do it check out Mirage Performance Forums • Index page

There is alot of info there. Find me on there "armeddoc" and I'll point you in the right direction.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wolly Walter
Hi, I have an Mitsubishi mirage de coupe 2dr 2001.
I want to swap engine with engine is preferable or easy to put. I just want a little more power to my car it has not to be the super fast motor or car but a little more power and easy to do and compatible not that I need to fabricate engine mounts. What is your opinion that I can do? sorry for my English.
When im at a stop light or when I slow down it takes forever to accelerate.
What can i do to have more power??

I have the same car and motor and I recently did my own port and polish on the cylinder head as well as the intake and exhaust manifolds made a pretty good difference for very little monetary investment. I already own all the needed tools and the gaskets are not too expensive. Do your research though before you attempt this as doing it wrong can make the engine run worse. Do this at your own risk. I personally watched about 6 different videos on porting heads before I did it myself.