Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

Problem with my Mirage

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Default Problem with my Mirage

Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum and I need some help from you guys.
I bring my Mirage Technica from Puerto Rico last yearand everything was fine up to yesterday. I was going to my work and suddenly the radio when off,then the clock in the dash when off too, and the SRS light in the dash come on. I keep driving and the tachometer when to 0 rpm but the motor still running and all the light of the car when off. When I get to work I realize that everything was working well but when I took the negative battery contact he shut down, so I though that the alternator was bad. The story doesn’t end there. When I when back o my house, I turn off everything so the battery last until I get home, but suddenly the car start doing the same thing and start acting like he need gas. Then I hear a loud sound and everything was working again, but the automatic transmition start to acting weird, when change the second shift it is like if it was in neutral then take the shift. When I get home took the battery connectors and stay on. What could happen? Any help is really appreciated.
My car is a:
Make: Mitsubishi
Model: Mirage LS (Technica in PR)
Motor: 1.8 Liter
Transmition:Automatic
Door: 4

Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Default RE: Problem with my Mirage

check your all your fuses and relays, and for anybody wondering the Technica is a USDM Mirage LS (just as he said) with alloy wheels and an aero kit.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:06 AM

umm dude, you gotta a bad alternator there bud.
everything runs off of the alternator in one way or the other, and since when your car is running, the alternator is keeping flow to the battery, and the battery to the fuseblock, then the only way for **** like that to die, and then work again is if your alternator is bad. dont worry though, shouldnt be to hard to fix.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM

aaaaaaa, theres ur problem, u have a mirage, the mirage is the worst mitsu in my book. Every single one I've had was a piece of ****. My Honda is better than those mitsu's I had.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 AM

and you belong to this forum........why? personally, my Mirage has been the best vehicle that I've ever owned, hands down.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 AM

dont knock the mirage... apparantly mitsu thought it was pretty good, or they wouldnt have used it to create the evo...

as for not being better than the honda, never owning a mirage, I can say this. Honda has, and always has had more money, and better engineers for building the type of cars they are building.. I must say though that the mirage is a helluva a good car. Dont think for a minute that Honda is impervious to building crap, do I even need to mention the last civic Si... the one that looked like a scale model of the oddesey, yeah the one that they couldnt give away, the one that sucked so bad, that no-one, and I mean no one even bothered spending money, and resources to build parts for. yeah that one.
lest we forget that for the most part, the bikes that honda builds (especially their sport-bikes) suck royally, and no-one would be caught dead building one of those. hell, honda had suck a hard time selling their last civic, that they cut the production run years early, and went back to the drawing board. No, Mitsu might not be perfect, but neither is honda. Take this from a die-hard honda fan who has owned a 92 civic with an lsvtec swap, a 98 accord with an h22 swap, two 00 si's at the same time, built one of them to the ridiculous level, and blew it up enough that I got so aquanted with every nut and bolt, so much that I new them on a first name basis, knew who their kids were and where they were going to school... and thats alot of info to get out of a bolt damnit.

Hondas arent the be-all end-all.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 PM

yo yo yo, jus calm down people, I belong to this forum because I like mitsu's i just don't like the mirage as much as when I got my first one. As soon as that thing hit 100,000 miles it started to nickle and dime me to death, first the TPS went, then the master cylinder failed, then the lights would work when they wanted to (that electrical problem was expensive to fix), i just decided todump the problems i had with my mitsu on honda. Let them fix it and then turn around and sell it. The only cars i would buy anyway are honda's or mitsu's.When I come back to mitsubishi when i trade in my civic i'm planning on gettin either a lancer evo or a OZ rally edition lancer.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:07 AM

i know man, i just like givin ya a hard time. if you go with a lancer other than an evo, get the ralliart version. more power

Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM

the ralliart? how much more power does it have than the oz rally?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 AM

in the older models, something like 30-40hp. it's a bigger motor, 2.4L if i remember right. or you could wait and get the 2008 lancer, even the base models are going to have good hp numbers and they'll handle wonderfully (the chasis is more rigid in the base next gen lancer than the current evo )

Quick Reply: Problem with my Mirage