Mitsubishi Mirage This sport compact offers economy without compromising comfort.

When choosing Halo Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Default When choosing Halo Lights...

So I guess for one reason or another, my post isn't on here. I'm guess they either deleted it or sent it to FAQs, but i'm not gonna worry about finding it.
I'm comming up to my next step in purchases. Replaced the fender as well as a cornering light on my baby. Now i'm comming to the point where I need to decide where to buy my headlights.
Now keep in mind, that if you're suggestions detail anything about autoparts of america, or anything under their company, I WILL LAUGH AT YOU. They have ripped me of money and screwed over my bank account. They improperly advertise their parts and I've had several issues with them even though i've only ordered a couple parts from one of their many websites (they have more than one, but they all have similar layouts).
Anyways, i'm shopping around for headlights with HALO lenses that will fit my 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage LS Coupe as close to the OEM setup as possible. I've found two possible sellers. If you have any information about these sellers, or have any better suggestions (not from autoparts of america, because they don't have headlights for my car anyways), I will gladly listen to what you have to say.

Please keep in mind that there is no wrong answer, I would appreciate any comments you have on the situation especially because at the moment my headlights are pretty much broken (only one operates on normal while the other only operates on brights... yeah...)

The websites to the places I've found include the following:
1) http://www.remixcustom.com/97mimi2dhale1.html

2) http://www.racerdevelopment.com/Proj...-p6944752.html

Thank you =)

Old 06-29-2009, 04:56 PM

(deleted)

Last edited by BrokeDad; 07-01-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 PM

Brokedad.. I’m going to refrain from laughing, but the website you submitted is a part of auto parts of America, and I despise them. Here's why...
I had ordered a cornering light from them. Everything went off without a hitch, so I figured I’d get another couple parts from them.
I worked with one of their salespeople to get a fender for my baby. Told him what exactly my car was and everything. The part they gave me was supposed to be high quality, and they didn't state anything on the page about compatibility. So I used the quote, spent MORE IN SHIPPING THAN ON THE PART, even though they're just south of me by about an hour (they won't allow factory pickup) And when I got the part, IT DIDN'T FIT. They had given me a quote for a wrong part, and it took well OVER A MONTH to get my money back. I didn't let that affect me, so I went to get a quote for a pair of anzo halo headlights. The guy had the quote readied for me, and I made sure to specifically state that I had a 2 door coupe, and he gave me the quote for the part.
However, I decided to do a little research before I fell for the same gag again. So I looked up the anzo website, and once again the idiots had picked out a set of headlights for a 4 door car. ANZO DOESN'T EVEN MAKE HALO LIGHTS FOR A 2000 COUPE MITSUBISHI MIRAGE. And Anzo is their only provider for halo headlights under that listing. However, when I went back to tell the sales agent to not charge my card, he went through with the charge. What part of "DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD I WILL CALL YOU BACK" did these guys not get?
Long story short, I went to the disputes section of my credit card company to get my refund and also remove the charge and block auto parts of America.
If you see a company that ships out of Carson, Ca, they are a part of this ****ty little scheme to just rip you of cash while selling you low quality parts. I compared the thickness of the fender they shipped me (which I got to keep because they were to cheap to pick it up... anyone interested in buying it off of me?), to that of one that I ordered from a nearby Mitsubishi dealer. The fender from the dealership had a better thickness to it, and it was the perfect fit.
Auto parts of America does not sell high quality parts, they can't even get their outsourced sales agents to find the right parts. I'm telling you this now because I'm begging that you see the light and keep a more cautious eye on what you buy from them.
The fact that they have to make multitudes of websites with different names on them shows that they simply want your money, no matter how they get it.