Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

02 montero ltd LCD display issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Default 02 montero ltd LCD display issues

Recently bought my wife an 02 ltd montero as her 97 montero ls has 278kon the clock so we decided it was time for an upgrade. Anyway, we love it and have had no issues and don't plan on it. When I bought it, I noticed the LCD screen was difficult to read, it seems too bright. And now it sort of dims dark to bright sporadically and I feel like the LCD screen is going out. When I press the adj button for example, the function buttons are just white on the screen. I can't read what they say, no matter th brightness of the screen. It's functional and I can use the owners manual to make adjustments. But even if it were not functional it was not a deal breaker for us on this vehicle cuz it was a good deal and all else is near immaculate. So can we fix/replace the screen or the whole information center itself? Any part numbers for these items? Any other suggestions besides repair/replace? I've searched the forum extensively and haven't found another post with similar problems as mine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 PM

I also owned a 97 LS and bought my 02 LTD new. I can't really offer any solution but is your battery in good condition? I remember when my battery would be on its last legs the screen would dim and the compass would malfunction. It might be something to look at. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:39 PM

It does have a brand new oem battery in it. I was also hoping that would fix it, as it was time for a new battery anyway. It's a weird issue. I called the dealer and they want $900 for a new one, if they could get it he said. Anyway, thanks for the reply hopefully I can find a used one in good condition somewhere if it ever does completely go out. Thanks for the help.