Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

100k Maint Work & Parts Comment

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Default 100k Maint Work & Parts Comment

Getting ready for a 100k service on my 2006 Pajero 3.8l NS model with MIVEC 6G75 engine. Looking at doing belts, ignition and filters. Parts I believe required include;
  • Cam belt
  • idler bearing
  • tensioner bearing and hydraulic arm
  • cam & crank seals
  • water pump & t-stat
  • drive belt
  • 2 x idler bearings
  • auto adjustment arm
  • Iriduim spark plugs x 6
  • air, fuel & oil filters
  • New fluids (synthetic oil, coolant)
I have maintained my truck since importing from Japan with 64kms on the clock several years ago. Everything goes great with no issues or problems.

As parts are very expensive in NZ I am looking at getting most items Stateside before required. It is hard to tell from the pics on quality but looking at getting a timing belt kit and possibly the drive belt + bearings sent over. Can anyone comment on the quality of the components and how they compare to OEM?

Kit I'm looking at from eBay below. Also if there are any parts I'm lacking please tell me.

01-06 Mitsubishi Montero 3.5 3.8L PCI Timing Belt Water Pump Tensioner 6G74 6G75 | eBay

Jim

Old 07-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Pic of engine bay if photobucket still works

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps4c93954b.jpg

Old 07-04-2017, 10:11 AM

Hi Benckj....haven't heard of that brand. I think it's wiser to invest in known quality brands that cost a bit more than risk having premature parts failure from using untrusted brands. I'm sure those brands are available on ebay too.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM

I also never heard of that brand and if it was up to me, I'd steer clear of it. It seems that all items sold on Ebay are "Premium, Professional Quality" level only Unfortunately, many of them are shipped directly from China (there is not even a US distributor here to take them). I'd definitely stick with a more known brands such Continental, Dayco and, of course, the OEM parts.
Check this link:
https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...vid=5400&cid=2
This company sells only OEM Mitsubishi parts and I find that even with shipping, many times the price was better than the price I could get State Side for the Mitsubishi parts.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the info and advice. I've checked out a couple of other US sites to locate one which has most if not all the parts I require. Rockauto seems to have the best selection and allows choice between brands. Have not pulled the trigger just yet as I want to do a little more homework.

jim

Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 PM

I've been working in the link above (partsoug.com) and I must say its very helpful. Nice to see whole pic of the part drawings and drill down to parts required along with substitutions. Prices for the most part are reasonable although things like spark plugs are 3 x price elsewhere.

I'll keep doing some research on best course of action.

jim

Old 07-05-2017, 04:17 PM

Looks like my best path forward for part to supply is to use two sites (partsoug and Rockauto). They each have strengths (and prices) and allows me to ensure I keep under the max threshold for custom duty & tax's. Just going to assemble the two orders and minimise shipping costs balanced with items required. I have a bit of time to play with as work is not intended until Oct so don't mind searching for best deal possible.

Jim

Old 07-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Receive my first shipment of parts from Rockauto; air filter, oil filters, thermostat and auto trans filter kit. So far it all looks excellent and very pleased with purchase. Yet to arrive;

Rockauto; cam belt kit incl WP, seals, tensioner and idler bearings, Drive belt and idler bearings, iridium spark plugs.

Online auto OZ; drive belt tensioner and groved idler bearing.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:09 PM

Received the Drive belt tensioner and idler pulley from Oz. Tensioner is Ok but idler is wrong width as its for a standard V belt. Trying to make contact with the Ozzy firm but not having much luck.

I see RockAuto now has in stock but shipping is a killer on its own. Should have waited to complete order and added once available. Not the end of the world if I have to re-use old while I source a new one.

Jim

Old 07-19-2017, 05:39 PM

All sorted. Ozzy firm fronted up and supplied the correct pulley at no charge. Still haven't seen the second shipment from RockAuto so hope its not tied up in Customs. Its got all my cam belt parts along with spark plugs and drive belt. Can't look at doing anything until that arrives and is confirmed correct.

jim

Quick Reply: 100k Maint Work & Parts Comment