Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

1995 montero sport 3.5 no spark new motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Default 1995 montero sport 3.5 no spark new motor

Ok so I got the spark figured out it was a bent pin connector on the cdi that controls the spark, I fixed that and got spark but it does not seam like it's good spark, more of a week spark. It acts like its trying to start up and then nothing and if you let it sit for a few hours and turn it again it starts to act like it wants to but only for about one crank then nothing. I have checked compression on the whole thing and have it in all clynders. Can anyone give anything that I could try I'm going crazy or at this point if someone is in the portland or oregon city or know anyone that's a really good mitsu guy that would like to make some money trouble shooting shoot me a number. Could it be the crank p.s. or the cam p.s. maybe giving it weak spark?

Please help! I got the Montero for free. It needed a motor, so I rebuilt it. I've put it in but I have no spark. I replaced all 3 of the coils because the ohms resistance test failed on the ones I had. I made sure all grounds were good and even put a bigger ground cable in. I checked the ECM and it has the "ground power" the book says to check for. The sensors on the intake that run the spark trigger the test light when I turn it over. Every fuse is good, the relays under the hood are good, the fuel pump works. Everything in the car works except the radio but I'm not sure if it ever did. I looked at the ECM as well and made sure it wasn't fishy smelling or burnt. The cam sensor and crank sensor showed ohms when tested. Is there something I'm missing? This seems like it's going to be a great SUV if I can get it to run.

Thanks for all your time,
James

Last edited by myfyn69; 11-26-2009 at 02:15 AM. Reason: update and correct spelling