Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Limited with 266k miles. Too much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM
Default 2001 Limited with 266k miles. Too much?

Just trying to gauge interest on potentially snagging something like this. Been looking for a clean Montero for a while and this one has been sitting near me for almost 5 months.

https://odayautosales.com/vdp/18009799/Used-2001-Mitsubishi-Montero-LIMITED-for-sale-in-Spokane-WA-99207

Tons of miles, but 1 owner, maintenance kept up. extremely clean, and no rust. I would not pay $5k for this truck but figured closer to $4k and maybe not terrible? This would be 50/50 daily vs camping/off road toy for us. Any help is appreciated!

Old 11-05-2021, 12:36 PM

It is very difficult to give advise to anorher person about buying a used vehicle. Too many variables and personal preferences / tolerances.
With that said, that one looks great. It, being from Spokane (PNW) area, you know there is no rust on it no matter how many miles it has. It does have rear seatibg climate control option (bug plus). Equopment loojs like original, so you know nobody went crazy with wire cutters and tape under the dash. It has 100% normal wear and tear on the interior (seats, floors, etc.). I know that, because mine has 258k and I've owned it since day 1.
I agree, that $5k is probably too much, so bringing the price down as much as you can and it should easily give you another 50-100k miles. Just make sure you only use premium grade fuel (high octane) and do regular maintenance.

Old 11-05-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by HunterD
It is very difficult to give advise to anorher person about buying a used vehicle. Too many variables and personal preferences / tolerances.
With that said, that one looks great. It, being from Spokane (PNW) area, you know there is no rust on it no matter how many miles it has. It does have rear seatibg climate control option (bug plus). Equopment loojs like original, so you know nobody went crazy with wire cutters and tape under the dash. It has 100% normal wear and tear on the interior (seats, floors, etc.). I know that, because mine has 258k and I've owned it since day 1.
I agree, that $5k is probably too much, so bringing the price down as much as you can and it should easily give you another 50-100k miles. Just make sure you only use premium grade fuel (high octane) and do regular maintenance.
thanks for the reply. For sure about buying used. Obviously, the biggest draw here is how clean and maintained things seem to be.

Really, was just curious about any model over 250k miles as I don't see it too often about hitting that mileage.

But, seems like you have perfect experience to chime in.

Thanks!