Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

2001 Montero sport xls Ignition Control Module

Old 11-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Default 2001 Montero sport xls Ignition Control Module

Hi,

I am new to this forum. But it helped me a lot in troubleshooting error code P0300. Tried replacing ignition coil for cyl 3/6 but still has mifires. Now I am trying to replace Ignition Transistor. Requesting help in finding out how to remove the connectors on ICM. ONe with bi pin was wasy to remove but the small one is tricky. It has some locking mechanism that I am not aware of how to remove. Here is picture of one I found online.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/mitsu...system-tests-1

Power Transistor: Circuit Descriptions

Old 11-05-2016, 03:46 AM
Default 01 Montero light flickering

01 Montero Sport 3.0...
New alternator, new wires and new additional ground wires. Oh, did I mention I have an extra two batteries in the rear?... Yea, for my inverter.
Alright, I think I may have narrowed it down a bit but If you have any suggestions PLEASE let me know.
I checked all wires, used 2awg cable run from veh batt1 to #2, 3 and inverter. I have a isolator switch in my center console but IDK, when I switch my fan OR my AC on I get a clunk like I have since I bought it, but just reciently it started the light flickering deal... sometimes when I switch positions with the blower/fan switch it will stop or ALMOST stop the flickering.
Ok, I know, must be a short but I've looked and looked and that friggn fan switch OR, my cigarette lighter got pulled out and may this also may be the culprit for the flickering?
Help, I'm at my wits end!
Thank you.