Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

3/6 coil not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 11:20 PM
Default 3/6 coil not working

So I replaced all plugs and wires cause it was all of a sudden running really rough and after replacing them still was missing so I unplugged coil one at a time got to coil 3/6 and nothing changed as far as idle I replaced coil still same thing I tried using one of the other coils I knew for sure was working and still same thing so then I went to a wrecking yard and pulled a ignition control module and installed and still nothing is it likely that that one I got would still make the same 3/6 coil not work or I just got a really bad luck of the draw not sure where to go from here or just buy a brand new one any advice would be great

Old 12-18-2023, 02:25 PM
Default Not throwing any misfire codes

So for some reason my Montero isn't even throwing misfire codes and I know it's missing cause there isn't anything at 3/6 coil pack oh I forgot to mention mine is a 03 Montero sport I really need some help here please don't have any other means of transportation

Old 12-19-2023, 08:50 AM
jc@

When you say there isn't anything at 3/6 coil pack, what tool/test are you doing to confirm?

Old 12-19-2023, 09:24 AM
Default 3/6 not working

Well all I was doing was unplugging the coil and the idle and car doesn't change but the other two coils it does change if unplugged last night I used a volt meter and a test light it shows there is power to the plug but not sure what's going on it doesn't even throw a misfire code like it did before I changed plugs and wires it seems fine at idle then put it in gear and runs really rough and has lack of power when driving

Old 12-19-2023, 09:46 AM

I forgot to mention I do have other codes that pop up like 02 sensor codes will that cause it to run the way it is they have been on there for awhile now and never had issues like this before is it likely that it will make car run rough in gear loss of power just seems weird code have been there awhile and never made the car run like this

Old 12-19-2023, 08:42 PM

So I looked up all my O2 sensor codes and got 4 of them I believe I'm throwing codes for all my O2 sensors which I think would make sense why it runs so poorly just seems weird that when I removed plug from coil 3/6 and nothing changes kinda throws me for a loop but there is power to the plug but that many O2 sensor with issues obviously has it running like crap