Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

95 Montero Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Default 95 Montero Speaker Replacement

Hi I'm new here and have a quick question regarding my 95 montero. Is it possible to replace my front speakers by myself. If so how do I access them? I've tried looking for screw on both sides of the lower cabin but can't find any. also, any suggestions on what kind to replace the oem ones with? thanks in advance

Old 01-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Default RE: 95 Montero Speaker Replacement

are the speakers in the doors or in the dash? (not familiar with the setup of those, i have a 97 sport with component speakers in the doors) You have to remove the door panel in this case by removing a few screws along the edge and pulling the panel off. I have rockfords in mine and sound great.

Old 06-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Default RE: 95 Montero Speaker Replacement

It is relatively easy to replace the front speakers. I also have a 95 Montero. The speakers in the very front (by your knees) on the pass. side has two screws on the very bottom and the drivers side the speaker grill just comes off with a gentle pry. If you are talking about the speakers in the doors. You will need to pop off the door panels (it takes a coulpe of screws in the door: one in the door handle, two in the front of the door and two in the handle where you grab to close the door.) Then you will have to pop the plastic holders off the metal of the door, again very easy with a screwdriver. Then you will have easy access to your door speakers.

I would recommend 3.5 inch full range speakers in the very front and 6 inch Mids the doors

Old 03-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Default Help with Front LEft 4" speaker 1995 montero

I read the above and it helped. I removed the grill from the front left and I see the 4" speaker. I can't see how I remove it. Opening is the same size as the speaker. DO I need to somehow remove more of the plastic dash to get at it? Thanks for any words!

sfhenryfriedman@gmail.com

ps picked up this sweet 95 MOntero LS with 65K miles a month ago. God Bless those who don't drive much and leave alot of life in these SUV's... I also have a 96 LS with 232K that I don't want to part with.