Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

ABS Light after Steering Rack Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 04:31 PM
Default ABS Light after Steering Rack Replacement

Hi Team,

I took my Gen3 Montero in to get the steering rack replaced. When I got it back the Anti Skid system was engaging full time. The shop said that they thought the rear diff was going out so it wasn't their problem. I took it to my mechanic and he diagnosed it as the anti skid system engaging but he did not have a diagnostic reader that could communicate with the traction control system. They did some trouble shooting but could not get any farther to fix the issue and sent me on my way. I got the original shop to take a second look and they discovered that they were supposed to reset the steering angle sensor. They went back and fixed the steering angle and the truck drove fine. So they solved the anti-skid.
After I got the truck back I noticed that the ABS light now flickers almost constantly while driving. Occasionally as I am pulling up to park the ABS Light, Brake Light, and both traction lights on the dash will light up.

I think that one of the two shops messed with something to cause the ABS system to get twitchy. I know that ABS is tied closely to anti skid and they all depend on feed back from the steering system. Does anyone have anything I should be looking for?