Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Anti-Lock Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Default RE: Anti-Lock Brake Light

the fact the it went out when u pushed on the brakes with the engine off and it goes out in other odd braking situations makes me think its the pressure differential switch wich usually has nothing to do with the ABS and ur dashboard brake light comes on not theABS. but if tha were the problem it happens when there's more fluid in the systembehind the switch either in the front or back. only way to fix it is to bleed the side with more fluid but its a guess and check proccess and if u guess the wrong side u gotta bleed even more frome the other side.
probably not the problem since its theABS light but just giving you more info to help u diagnose with

Old 07-16-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by off roader
If you're going to work on your ABS based purely on knowledge gained here, I'd recommend at least purchasing an original Mitsu Factory Service Manual (not a haynes/chilton, mitchell, or other 3rd party version) for more accurate details on doing what needs to be done. The haynes/chilton are not usually as complete/accurate and the mitchell and other manuals are usually designed for mechanic's that already have training so they are also not as detailed as the factory service manual.

HTH.
they do not make a manual for the montero. I have looked everywhere