Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Default electrical issues

The left headlight has ,I think just a loose wire (of 3)going into the black housing that holds the bulb.It goes dim off and on on a bumpy dirt road or when I gently push down on a wire.

Later today...1900
I easily found the tab to depress and the bulb housing came out after loosening the white retaining ring. I re inserted the bulb housing /ring,pushed down on the wire as befor and this time it didnt go dim and that seems to have fixed it. When it gets dark here in an hour or so Ill take it out on some bumps and see wha happens. Hope its that simple. I find it hard to understand why it being loose in the headlight bucket(thats what they used to be called) it would dim just from contact of plastic housings. I still think there must be a loose wire,but Ill run it down my dirt road to see what happens.

Later :
It seems to be fixed! Now for the seatbelt light & door marker light that flickers off and on from the separating wire loom as posted the last couple days. Lastly, theres another separate electrical issue with the door locks and blown fuses,I posted a few months back and I never solved it. Sure miss those convenient door locks.

2001 montero sport xls

Last edited by PalmSprings; 05-20-2017 at 09:19 AM.