Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Fog Light Bracket - 2002 Montero Sport XLS

Old 06-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Default Fog Light Bracket - 2002 Montero Sport XLS

I would like to install O.E.M. fog lights on our 2002 Montero Sport XLS.
While looking online at parts suppliers, I noticed that fog light mounting brackets are also listed.
Question....if the vehicle does not have the fog lights currently installed, would the brackets already be installed on the vehicle from the factory or do they have to be purchased.
I'm in the US and the vehicle is out of the country and can not be checked to see if the brackets are currently installed.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 AM

I think the best would be to crawl under it and check...unfortunately you cant do that. Hopefully someone with the same truck can chime in and clarify whether they are there or not. Worst case you could order them and send em back if you dont need them. Another good question would be is your rig pre wired from the factory for fogs. If so it would make your install alot easier. If you have factory wires they would be dangling below each head light or somewhere near where the fogs would be and for the switch the wires would be to the left of your steering wheel behind the dash, you could look up with a flashlight and find it. Then all you would need is the factory switch and possibly a couple relays, the fascia finishers and your in. You may already have the relays and all you need is the fogs, finishers, and the switch.

Of course all of this is a gamble considering you cant inspect the vehicle. Is there anyway to get parts in the country its in?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:15 PM

Thanks jhill for your input.

I am at a distinct disadvantage that the car is in another country.

I went to local Mitsubishi dealership here in the US and both parts department and a senior mechanic thought that the brackets WOULD already be installed at assembly.

Read your post about the wiring but that was after I had been to the dealearship. Hopefully the wiring harness is installed as well.
I would assume that the relay would also be present....correct?

The car is in Costa Rica and although the Mitsubishi product line is popular there, O.E.M. parts are subject to a very high import tax and are sold at sometimes two to three times the M.S.R.P.
Ouch!

And if the part is not in inventory in country, the wait is about three weeks, due to customs delays as well.