Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Fun in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 05:34 PM
Default Fun in the snow

We don't get much snow here but I sure love the way Mitsi handles it. Makes me appreciate all the wrenching this year to get everything right.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:39 AM

We get a ton of snow here and they do a decent job but you need a good set of rubber on there too or you will have problems in real bad conditions.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:15 PM

Just took my brand new lancer out in it today. We totalled out 16 inches of snow. My car handled brilliantly. The AWC feature is terrific. Comparing to having my explorer - the Car being so low kind of worried me, and the lack of weight had me concerned at first.
Our explorer always felt so safe and solid.
But once I got going, I realized my worries were silly. The lancer never once lacked power, traction or stability. Its steering was much more efficient than the explorers has been in the same situation. It may be low, but it did just fine. Plus my gas mileage was spot on.

Old 01-24-2016, 09:24 PM

What kind of tires do you guys have on?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 PM

Just the factory wheels: Yokohama avid 324 p205/60r16

Old 01-24-2016, 09:32 PM

Cool - thanks!

Old 01-24-2016, 09:33 PM

I'm pretty impressed with the AWC. Its not standard all wheel drive. I just click it into four wheel mode. And click it into four wheel lock if I need to.nowhere near needing them yet, but I've been looking into different tires for this car. I'm kinda worried about longevity. Our Mazda 6 blew thru tires. (2006 maz6 v6 5 speed) but the handling was much different. Im Interested in opinions on tires for this car that will a) last b) perform

Old 01-24-2016, 09:57 PM

I have the same system with my Outlander. I just got Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S a couple of weeks ago. Options are extremely limited for my size. (225/55R18) This tire is the only tire that had no negative reviews - is high performance, and is said to last a verrryyyyyy long time.

Old 01-24-2016, 10:03 PM

Do you mind my asking, tire noise? I love my lancer, but the tires a a bit louder than I expected. Realizing this is a small car, I'm interested in wheel noise on Mitsubishi in general. How do you like yours?

Old 01-24-2016, 10:14 PM

That's a funny question - because I am deaf.
They are known to be quiet tires - and my friends and relatives can attest to this. They are not really car people, but there is no "tire noise."
Do I like the tires, or the car ? LOVE the car - tires are fine. Not as aggressive as I would like, but that's not what I based my choice on. Every other tire available in this size has some known issues that I wanted to avoid. And it IS an all-season tire. The car's advanced 4WD / AWC system will make up for it, I am sure, as you found out yourself.

Quick Reply: Fun in the snow