Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

How have your leather seats worn?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Default How have your leather seats worn?

I took a peak at mine today and notice that where the "grey"leather has mild natural creases ,its turing light to whitish color in those creases. I guess theres no way to keep that from happening since its the dye breaking loose,but ive never put anything on the leather,maybe that would have prevented this flaking of the dye? . The seats in front have always beeen covered with "lambs wool seat covers" from costco.
I have 222k on the drivers seat and 13 yrs old,. Have any of you used Neads Foot soap for cleaning and any conditioners or similar leather products on your leather seats? i recall a few years back some horse enthusiasts all used NeedFoot on their riding leather and I forget what elsee,but Ive read recently that it has a petroleum additive in it and we all know thats not good for leather,so Im curious if any of you have old seats like mine and have cared for them throughout the years with a leather cleaner and or conditioner and if you ever had any problems? I gues this coud have been a whole lot shorter..Im just a windbag sometimes,how humiliating..oh well im used to it.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:29 PM

Using a decent leather conditioner will help keep the material flexible and soft which prevents deterioration. I also use a shoe leather dye on high wear areas. This is easy to do on black leather but not sure how well you can match the grey. Have a look at your local depatment store to see whats available.

jim

Old 10-19-2014, 08:49 PM

Saddle soap and mink oil. My brother in law is a standardbred trainer and he told me to use this years ago. He uses it on his equipment.