Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

keyless remote issue?????????????

Old 12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Question keyless remote issue?????????????

wassup fellas around the internet. happy new year. ok here's my issue, i have a 2000 miti.. montero sport XLS i had a keyless remote, but it stopped working, so i got a new remote, so now i tried to follow the directions to resync the remote with my XLS and no good. does anyone have any know how as to what may be the problem? my directions on resyncing were as follow: connect a jumper from port 1 then to a ground then turn the key off/on 3 times till the doors did an auto lock, but that never happened.
i used a wire connector to connect a paper clip to a piece of wire i had to use as a ground, grounded it to a bolt coming out of the dooor, so it was ground properly. so im thinking the software on the truck is corrupted it's not allowing the remote to resync.... HELP!!!! my next step it the dealership to get reamed on labor charges.. so please any and all info is welcome? thanks

happy new year!!
aaron

the milkmaan

Old 01-01-2010, 04:06 PM

To use the new fob, you will need to register it on the EEPROM (located on the right rear quarter of the vehicle). On the left hand side of the keyless entry control unit, at the bottom, you will see a switch with FIX, SET I and SET II on it. Flip the switch to SET I and press the lock or unlock button the fob. Now flip the switch to FIX and check to see if the fob locks and unlocks the doors. If it fails, give it another go. The other method is using a Mitsubishi specific scan tool at a dealership.