Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 06:28 PM
Wes
Default Lift

Hi im Wes new here. I just picked up a 95 Montero Sport and i wanting to know what springs i can go too to get a little more lift to clear 33s. i will not be doing any rock crawling or nothing like that, just trail riding

Old 01-12-2022, 10:21 AM

So I'm kind of looking for the same thing, but for a 2003. I'm thinking of just building my own lift kit because everyone wants more money then I'm willing to spend on a lift kit. I added 1 inch wheel spacers to mine and it allowed me to fit 285/70 r17 with very little rub while the wheels are cranked. It made a huge difference on how the vehicle handle's. the combo of the spacers and the wider tires made it so much more stable of a vehicle especially at highway speeds. But she is a old girl and she needs new suspension. So right now I'm trying to figure out what size shocks I need to purchase to raise it a couple inches and I need to find a vehicle with rear springs the same diameter as the MS but 2 inches taller, (maybe a old jeep Cherokee?) not sure. I still have a lot of research to do. I've been looking at the lift kits they sell on eBay, but then you still need shocks. Its probably cheaper and easier in the long run to just go with the old man kit. Its just hard to justify the $1,000, I think that's what it was last time I looked.