Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

lift kits???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Default lift kits???

does anyone know where i could find a lift kits that more than 2 inchs??? i've found one but for only a 2inch lift. if there's a site i've over looked then please point me to the right one.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Default RE: lift kits???

Heck they have lift kits bigger than that. They make them for Chevy, Ford, Jeep, etc.

What rig do you have?[sm=smiley2.gif]

For mitsu's lift kit availability really depends on which rig you have.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 AM

2002 montero limited full size

Old 01-23-2007, 06:01 AM

Unfortunately the 02 Montero is an IFS IRS suspension design which from what I've seen NOBODY makes bigger lift kits for. One of the key limitations are that in the US these are considered grocery/soccer pick up mobiles and not serious off road vehicles due to Mitsubishi's own stupidity and lack of proper marketing but won't go down that well worn path as that's a whole different thread.

I'd look to the Australians or possibly Japanese for larger lifts if they do exist.

HTH.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 PM

why do you need to lift it more than two inches? I mean Jeez

Old 01-29-2007, 10:02 PM

I recently learned on another forum that I'm on that there's a company in Japan that makes a different kind of body lift kit for the Gen III's. Since the gen III's IFS/IRS suspension are built on a subframe that is mounted to the body, you can effectively lift the body off the subframe.

I'll PM you the link to that thread.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: soundcolor

why do you need to lift it more than two inches? I mean Jeez
I guess you use yours as a car only versus an off road vehicle.

IIRC, w/ the gen III you need a 2-3" lift minimum to run 33's with is minimum recommended tire for most moderate to hard trails. Bigger than that and your drivetrain's gearing will be too high for effective off road use but with the HP of your engine you may be ok w larger tires for easy to moderate trails.

At least that's the case w/ a 94-96 DOHC 3.5L engined montero's. I would hope your Gen III has better power numbers than the older Gen II's.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: off roader

IIRC, w/ the gen III you need a 2-3" lift minimum to run 33's with is minimum recommended tire for most moderate to hard trails. Bigger than that and your drivetrain's gearing will be too high for effective off road use but with the HP of your engine you may be ok w larger tires for easy to moderate trails.

At least that's the case w/ a 94-96 DOHC 3.5L engined montero's. I would hope your Gen III has better power numbers than the older Gen II's.
You can fit 285/75-16 (33") on the stock rims with no lift with only slight interference in the front when the wheels are turned and you are articulating (if you want to call it that on a GEN3). I had them on for 2 years,dealer installed them, worked good, both on and off road, only a slight power loss noticed. Switched to 265/75-16 (32")forfuel economy, but will be switchingback when these wear out because the fuel economy isn't that much better.

3.8L is rated at 215bhp and 249 lbft torque.

Also, Gen3's jump real good.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Off roader, can you also PM me the link with the subframe lift, I would be interested in seeing that.

Does anyone have experience with the OME 2" lift on a GENIII? I would like to pursue that route but never really talked to anyone that has done it.

I love OME stuff, had it on my FJ80 Landcruiser and my Isuzu Vehicross, but since the Montero is my first all independant, im a bit hesitant. I would assume a complete re-alignment is needed for sure!

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Default RE: lift kits??? (VR4Quest YGM)

YGM...

Quick Reply: lift kits???