Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero Sport Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Default Montero Sport Manuals

Does anybody know where I can get free access to a Chilton Repair Maunal for free. I have already checked the library and they don't have it. Is there an online source where I can get a manual or something that tells me how to take out a transmission, and replace the clutch. Something/ anything please you guys have got to help me with this.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:52 AM
pc
Default RE: Montero Sport Manuals

From your other post on the trans. I don't think this job as a first try at auto repair is something you want to take on. It will take some special tools and knowledge and if you don't have a hoist will be a real pain. Haynes manuals can be bought cheap enough at Advance Auto or other auto stores or maybe direct from Haynes. They are a general type with limited specifics on several years. I have found them useful along with the factory manual. They only run about $20 I think but when you add the savings from DIY it's like free. If you're going to try and penny pinch on the manual I doubt you will have much success on the work. Most posters here won't spend anything on a manual but expect instant solutions to problems thay have never attempted to do any preliminary diagnosis on. You may be able to buy an already rebuilt trans. for less money from a rebuilder and use your own trans. as a core return.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:26 PM

If you are going to do serious maintenance, as you suggest, you need to break down and buy the factory service manuals. You get what you pay for in most instances. I am not sure about your model, but my 2002 montero limited has 4 volumes at a total cost of $230.00 or so.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:33 PM

Sometimes bootleg copies of the FSM manuals can be gotten on Ebay for cheap. Or look here.

http://pajero.dn.ru