Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Montero v6 vs. mighty max 4x4 v6 the same car with different body?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Default Montero v6 vs. mighty max 4x4 v6 the same car with different body?

Hello there:

I tryng to put a fresh engine on my 93 montero , so I bought a car (dodge spirit)with 70k miles on it for $300 , they wanted over $1000 for the montero engine with bo warranty,
I took the engine out and I just start to disassamble the montero but I see now that the oil pump and filter are in the wrong place

I tought it was the same engine 6g72 has anybody did something like this? I did a google search and I found a guy that swap his Mighty max V6 engine from a dodge caravan V6 (6g72) they are cheaper on yunk yards any mighty max guys out there? is it the same engine and systems from the montero v6? if you can send me a picture of your mighty bay will be helpful

I'm trying to take pictures to everything Im doing here so just ask me anything you need...thank you for your help

Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Montero v6 vs. mighty max 4x4 v6 the same car with different body?

The car engines will typically have things on the wrong side because they are transversely mounted. In some cases there are holes on the other side so you may be able to swap items over. Wish you would have posted before you purchased that motor. I could have told you to check for that first.

Hindsight is as always 20/20.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Default RE: Montero v6 vs. mighty max 4x4 v6 the same car with different body?

I put the engines next to each other today, but there is a lot of things different specially between the intake holes, the motor mount and the oil pump are in the wrong place but it looks like the holes are the same, lets see what happend next.Thank you for your reply I'll let you guys know