Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Are Monteros a Regional Thing?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Default Are Monteros a Regional Thing?

I just got back from a family visit back east around Washington, DC. While I was there, I was on a constant watch for Monteros because I wanted to point one out to my brother since I just bought a 1995 LS model and he had no idea what they looked like.

I live in Berkeley, CA, and there are Monteros all over the place, especially the Sport Model. But after six days of driving all over parts of Maryland, Virginia and DC, I didn't see any Monteros, Sports or otherwise. Not one.

That got me wondering if the Montero is a regional thing? Maybe they never made it to the East Coast? Anyone know about that?

Thanks...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:59 AM

I'm in the Bay Area too, but even here, its "scarce" to see Monteros..

they were popular in the Filipino community so I've seen a good amount in Milpitas, Daly City, or Berryessa Area in San Jose-- this is due to the popularity of the vehicle in the Philippines.. of course there known as the PAJERO.

And I speak of FULL SIZE MOntys. I see more Montero SPORTS, of course not as pimpin as the full size.

But the 2nd gen models like yours.. yea thats a rare site all together.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 AM

I live in the Texas south coastal area and I see bunch of the sport models vs the full size.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Of course anyplace it snows (where they salt the roads) you don't see ANY vehicle that's 15 years old, come to think of it:-)

Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Default East coast

I've seen less than a half-dozen in Florida in the past few years...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:14 PM

My problem is that I can't find a 2003 or newer Montero within 300 miles of Seattle. 2002 and older are a dime-a-dozen!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:24 PM

Then why not snag one of these? I happen to like the older styling to the newer ones.

Just curious...

Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mothman52 View Post
Then why not snag one of these? I happen to like the older styling to the newer ones.

Just curious...
Because I want the larger engine and less miles.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:47 PM

And here I thought the amount of gas that my 95 beast sucks down was a bad thing

Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by mothman52 View Post
And here I thought the amount of gas that my 95 beast sucks down was a bad thing

what mpg does yours get? And out here in lil' old Yamhill, Or I see oodles of them and a few Sport models. Not a fan of the Sport models luv my musckly SR model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are Monteros a Regional Thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.