Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

My new rig!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Default My new rig!

Hello everyone, this is my 1st Montero, 5th in the family, my dad had a 96 LS, 02 Sport LS, and an 03 Limited black. I just bought an 03 Limited Beige a couple days back... I have been trying to find a good one since a year or two, most had problems with the CAT and looked terrible, the nice ones were overpriced so here is mine. Paid under 3k for it, 150k, one owner, had Service Engine Soon light with P0171, P0174. Turned out to be a disconnected vacuum line to the throttle body (pheww lucky me I guess). Does need a couple things, belt squeaks under hard acceleration and cold start, new belt is on the way, will pay my mechanic to put it on, temp gauge stays on high most of the time(even a bit after a cold start) no overheating or even close to it, It probably needs some soldering by the gauge. Bottom glove box is locked and won't open with a key, so a few minor issues. Oh and the timing belt was changed like 20k miles back according to service history report. Here are some pics...

Old 09-11-2020, 01:29 AM

Congrats. Looks pretty clean.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:53 AM

Thanks! Yes it's pretty clean, other than minor scuffs around the bumper that required touch up, and a rip in the driver seat, it's pretty clean and the paint is pretty shiny. It must be a garage queen as even the headlights are not oxidized like most of them. I like to change cars pretty quickly but always wanted a clean Montero, this one is a keeper for a few years to come.