Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

OBD2 diagnostic connection on 1997 Montero

Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Default OBD2 diagnostic connection on 1997 Montero

Hi,

Longtime listener, first-time caller. Thanks for all the good advice I've gotten here.

I live in a remote place (as my username suggests), and I've decided to get a Mitsubishi-specific code scanner for my Montero.

I looked under the steering column and to the left, and see only one plug-in for a code scanner. Mitsubishi is supposed to have two plug-ins, isn't it? Can anyone help me with where to look for the other plug-in, and what I should be looking for? (Does it look like this one, or is it a wire, or what?)

Photo of the one I found is attached.

Many thanks.

Attached Thumbnails OBD2 diagnostic connection on 1997 Montero-montero-obd2.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 PM

IIRC, OBDII is the standard for vehicles, and it is only 1 plug, which looks to be what you picture.

Here is the OBDII connector

other plugs maybe specific Mitsu service ports which most people don't have access to.

if the "plug" you have is as I picture above, I would be interested to know how it is "mitsubishi specific"

Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 AM

Thanks. I had been under the mistaken impression that there was another Mitsu-specific connector to find somewhere, because my Mitsu scanner does have another cable available (with a different type of plug) -- but apparently that is pre-OBD2 stuff, and if I've got OBD2 on my car, then that is all I need. Thank you for your reply.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM

Hi, somebody can tell me wich OBD2 protocol uses a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 1999????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OBD2 diagnostic connection on 1997 Montero

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.