Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

STEREO CODE

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Default STEREO CODE

I just got my 99 Montero Sport XLS out of the shop today and now my stupid stereo is asking for the code!![:@] I do not have the original factory manual, bought it used. Now what? Anyone know the code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Default RE: STEREO CODE

Youll need to call the stealership. Theyll be able to get the code for you.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Quoted from another forum...

1-888-MITSU2005
..that is the number to mits of north america...they are about ten mles away from me..I recently called to get my radio code because my battery had to be replaced...I just asked to speak to someone that could help me with my caode..The lady on the other line never transferred me just asked me for my vin and serial number from radio..two mins later radio code.....it's that simple...just be nice and say your battery died.....i hope this stops the same question I hear everyday.......

Old 04-03-2007, 11:52 AM

HAHA IM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS FORUM cause my 98 montero fullsize needed a code and i got sick of guessin and the dealers were ****** they put a new ding on my quarter panel...IM DOIN ENOUGH BODY WORK ON MY CAR the front end looks like a hillbillys pick up

Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jpmontero98

HAHA IM SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS FORUM cause my 98 montero fullsize needed a code and i got sick of guessin and the dealers were ****** they put a new ding on my quarter panel...IM DOIN ENOUGH BODY WORK ON MY CAR the front end looks like a hillbillys pick up
Some dealers are better than others but you have to realize their goal isn't to give you free help or they wouldn't exist for long.

The problem I have with dealers is I've heard so many stories about how they've screwed up things.

As for finding this site.. you really should do a more extensive searching online. There are at least 3-4 decent english speaking montero forums and this site is in the 3rd spot based on content and activity IMHO. Do a yahoo search for...

mitsubishi montero forum

The top 3 Montero forum sites come up on the very 1st page.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:42 PM

alright i called that number and boy it is worth it i got my code in 8 minutes including wait time

Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM

they ask for vin and serial number of the radio? where do i get the serial number of the radio?

Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 PM

well i had to take the radio some what out its on top of the head unit

Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 PM

and they ask for radio serial number vin number and radio model number

Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 PM

nm found the code in my owners manual.

Quick Reply: STEREO CODE