Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/)
-   -   Throttle Actuator Control Motor circuit high 2003 Montero unlimited (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-montero-montero-sport-14/throttle-actuator-control-motor-circuit-high-2003-montero-unlimited-54657/)

Noahp45 09-30-2020 02:45 AM

Throttle Actuator Control Motor circuit high 2003 Montero unlimited

hello Ladies and Gentlemen can I get a little guidance?

So sometimes i would come to a stop and my montero would idle so low it would stall. I would start it up rev it and be fine.

Well today I started up after-work and i started driving got over 20mph and I noticed I had no power. I would push the gas pedal to the floor nothing would happen. I make it home and pull out my scan tool and it says
"Throttle Actuator ControlContrr circuit high "

I cleared the codes and push the gas pedal..instant feedback car revs normal

My question is
is it a fluke?
What should I do?

Thank you in advance

KeshaM. 10-08-2020 02:48 PM

Hi ...
I have a 2003 Montero Limited, and currently experiencing the same issues when at a stop or in a idle position.
My truck will slowly start to reduce rpm's until it just shuts off. I have to press the gas to keep it awake! Very frustrating because it was driving well until one day this starting happening.
My mechanic said, it is the throttle body need to be replaced. Another mechanic said to check a few things before you spend $$$ on that part. Check the catalytic converter if its clogged. So, i'm in the process of seeing if one of these could be the cause.

Noahp45 10-09-2020 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by KeshaM. (Post 331264)
Hi ...
I have a 2003 Montero Limited, and currently experiencing the same issues when at a stop or in a idle position.
My truck will slowly start to reduce rpm's until it just shuts off. I have to press the gas to keep it awake! Very frustrating because it was driving well until one day this starting happening.
My mechanic said, it is the throttle body need to be replaced. Another mechanic said to check a few things before you spend $$$ on that part. Check the catalytic converter if its clogged. So, i'm in the process of seeing if one of these could be the cause.

Run the AC and see if it stops running, if it doesn't then its nit the cat

So I put some premium from chevron and haven't had any issues. Im thiking dirty throttle body and crappy gas.

wilde 09-28-2022 09:42 PM

Problem return?

Hi. Did your problem stay gone? I'm having this issue:

Random & infrequent throttle control malfunction

I made a post about it just now if you search that. Should come.up.

Noahp45 09-29-2022 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by wilde (Post 336195)
Hi. Did your problem stay gone? I'm having this issue:

Random & infrequent throttle control malfunction

I made a post about it just now if you search that. Should come.up.

no comes back every now and then I run 93, and I stay away from ethanol. I still get it from time to time

wilde 09-30-2022 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Noahp45 (Post 336197)
no comes back every now and then I run 93, and I stay away from ethanol. I still get it from time to time

if you turn it off for any amount of time does it reset immediately? How long does it have to stay off before it works ok? Mine resets after 5 to 10 minutes. Almost like it's cooling down and resetting itself.

Have you checked the spark plugs, wires and Injector ohms?

A YouTube mechanic told me to keep a scan tool in SUV and check what the LTFTs are doing if it comes back.

Buster1 10-06-2022 06:06 PM

Wow ! I’m glad to know I’m not the only one. Everyone that had voiced their issue is exactly what I experience. With that said, sometimes I have to unplug the the throttle body pigtail with the truck off, re-plug and then it will rev freely. Otherwise it’s like in a limp mode.
I have replaced the throttle body. It was an inexpensive TB from China. It fixed the problem that was linked to a bad one. It worked fine for another 1000 miles.
Now, I’m not sure if it’s a bad throttle positioning sensor or what. I do know the my Mitsubishi dealer can no longer supply me with this part.
My 2003 limited is a 3.8 L .
ANY SUGGESTIONS ALL?