Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Universal Remote Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Default Universal Remote Central Locking

I'm trying to install remote central locking into my 2001 "Monerto". They are called Challengers here in Australia. It has the standard key central locking but I bought the universal remote locking kit off the ebay so I dont have to use the bloody key in the door. As per usual the "chinglish" instructions are unhelpful.

It's driving me crazy as I cannot work out the wiring. I can get it to either lock or unlock but not both. So I am obviously not wiring it up correctly. Hopefully someone can tell me which wires go where.

The plug on the unit in the car has 6 wires:
Black/Red
Blue/Black
Black/Red

Blue
Blue/Black
Blue/Red

The wiring on the universal locking kit is:
Orange = Foot brake
Yellow = Accessories
Blue = Door switch negative (activates interior light)
White = Indicators (Blinkers)
Green = High Coil Relay
Brown = Horn/Siren
Red = Postive power (constant)
Black = Earth
White = Unlock
Brown = Lock

I cannot work out which wires the white unlock & the brown lock attach to on the unit in the car. I have attached a test light to the wires and determined that the blue/black is lock & the blue/red is unlock but when I attached the corresponding white & brown wires from the universal unit it will not function. Then I attach the white to the red/black and connect the brown to the blue/black and it will unlock but not lock.

Anyone wired one of these up before? Not matter what I try I can only get it to lock or unlock but not both. PLEASE HELP!

Attached Thumbnails Universal Remote Central Locking-20160416_201327_resized.jpg   Universal Remote Central Locking-20160416_201438_resized.jpg