Mitsubishi Montero & Montero Sport This sport utility vehicle offers more size than the other Mitsubishi SUVs, but manages to keep a sporty look and comfortable feel, unlike many larger SUVs.

Where To Buy Side Steps (running Boards) For 2001-2002 Montero

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Arrow Where To Buy Side Steps (running Boards) For 2001-2002 Montero

Nice thing about the 03s were the integrated side step/running boards.

The 01-02 does not have them, but I am interested in getting them.

I could not find any that look like OEM.

Anyone know where to get some nice aftermarket ones?

Do the 03+ boards bolt right up to the 01-02?

I've seen these on pics of 01-02s

That one is a nice clean looking style, i don't like those tubular designs that stick out so far. Anyone know if that was a dealer option or aftermarket. If aftermarket what was the brand.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:20 PM

hey there,

I just took both running board off my 2003 limited (prepare car for Off-Road). I have all the hardware that they come with. let me know if u want them and we can work something up. By the way, i am looking for the XLS boards w/o the step.

ThanX, Yuki

Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM

here is another set that looks to be different from the first i posted yet still looks very OEM/clean looking

I still cannot accept going with the tube nerf bars, they just dont flow as well. but for those interested in those WAAG makes them

Does anyone know which ones the are in the pictures and where to get them

Old 08-10-2009, 08:53 AM

http://www.mitsubishipartspeople.com...ide-steps.html

they are from WA state. Legit and from a dealer of real Mitsu parts.

http://www.mitsubishipartspeople.com...lar+Side+Steps

THEY'RE WICKED EXPENSIVE, BETTER FOR YOU TO COMPARE PRICE WITH PEP BOYS OR OTHER STORE THAT SELL THEM.

If you have 2001 and 2002. YOUR CAR IS NOT SUPPOSE TO HAVE SIDE STEP.

Last edited by BEAT; 08-10-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 AM
ema

You might want to check these Running Boards. Just click on the the mitsubishi link down that page and it will take you to those specified for mitsu's. I think they're aroungd $234 and are of Lund brand if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by ema; 08-28-2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 AM

I am posting a response so I know where to come back, I will see if I can find the manufacture of mine. They are nice, clean flow, and are functional Here is a picture.

Name:  5224940.jpg
Views: 3659
Size:  31.2 KB

Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM

Nice to see another more active member of the same gen montero other then myself.

Anyways I found the step. Unfortunately no one was really able to help =/

BEAT led me in the right direction so I thank him for that.

MonteroLTD, the steps you have and the steps I just bought are MITSUBISHI ORIGINAL ACCESSORY.

That is why it is hard to locate. It was not an option, except an add on accessory.

Ema, I have checked for hours to see a nice clean step. I dont like those universal "NERF" bars. They just dont flow with the truck IMO.

SO FOR THE RECORD TO ADD YET AGAIN MORE GREAT INFORMATION FOR THIS MONTERO FORUM..

If you are looking for the step MonteroLTD posted, and the one I was looking for..

They are OEM ADD ON ACCESSORY.. "RUNNING BOARDS"

You can buy them here
http://mitsubishipartspeople.com/Sea...esc=Side+Steps

They are easy to install. It's just 7 bolts per side. You don't even have to jack up the truck. Be warned, on each side there are 2 mounting holes where the bolts included were too small. My truck didn't seem to be modified, so be prepared. Other than that easy install.

Now if you are looking for the other type I showed above, that MIGHT be the one described as the "TUBULAR" type, but I'm not sure since I did not order that type.

Here is a picture of mine..

Name:  montymontero.jpg
Views: 2702
Size:  154.4 KB

Old 10-06-2009, 03:01 AM

Sweet ride!

Question on the lights though, you can pm it if you don't want to clutter this thread. Are they HID conversion or just bulbs? Do you get flashed if they are HID? I am looking at getting some sooner then later and would like to know.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM

Turbo... it looks good, I'd said to LTD in another string the Jap' import Pajero's that go into the UK were always wearing the running boards and had all the spoilers on and looked great. I'll have to get some for my truck.

Have you got a good source for spare wheel covers and let me know about the HIDs too!

Cheers!

Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 AM

If you still have could you send me pics and price? I am very interested.

Quick Reply: Where To Buy Side Steps (running Boards) For 2001-2002 Montero